Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2014 7:22:05 PM EDT
So I have been having some failure to feed  issues with my vector v89 .40, every round from the right side of the mag does not feed. I just got a new rcm complete bolt head in the mail yesterday and am still having the same issue. When I first got the gun I never had one issue then it started slowly getting worse.  I am using the blue hk mags as well as the factory grey one and I have the same issue with all of them. Anybody have any ideas
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I have been having some failure to feed  issues with my vector v89 .40, every round from the right side of the mag does not feed. I just got a new rcm complete bolt head in the mail yesterday and am still having the same issue. When I first got the gun I never had one issue then it started slowly getting worse.  I am using the blue hk mags as well as the factory grey one and I have the same issue with all of them. Anybody have any ideas
View Quote

Does your trunion have the welded inserts on both sides?  It supposed to keep the magazine lined up in correct relation with the bolt carrier for proper feeding.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it has the welds but I was just messing with it and did a little bit more research and found that the old vector made bolt was eating away at the magazines not allowing the round to get the proper angle to feed into the barrel. So with the new bolt and and a dab of epoxy on the top right of the magazine follower to give the round a little angle it shoots fine even the 10 dollar black junk mag put 20 rounds down range without issue. I'm still planning on gerring some new hk mags though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top