Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2014 7:01:01 AM EDT
Picked up a USP tactical in 45 the other day, it did not come with a thread protector, however the HK pistol next to it (could have been a USP in 9 mm but I am not sure) did have a thread protector.

Guys at the shop swore up and down that these do not ship with one..

a) were they lying to me?

b) do i really need a thread protector?

c) if b= yes, whats the best place to get one?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I think one of mine came with one and one did not - don't recall if it was the Mk23 or the USP.

Here is a spot to get familiar with...

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Thread-Protector-HK45-H45C-USP-45-USPC-45-p297.htm

Cheaper than dirt and others sell them too.

Eta - do you need one?  Probably not -  unless you are going to be engaging in activities that will damage the threads.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I would get one. They are cheap and can help protect the threads. $15 off of eBay (just an example, I'm not endorsing the vendor)
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There are two kinds, I have both. The one from HK Parts and eBay is thin and not the best quality. The one you want is from AAC, much better quality, has a recessed area for an an o ring and the material is much beefier than the other ones. To answer your other question. No, the HK USP 45 Tactical does not ship with a thread protector.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#4]
My Tactical .45 didn't come with one either, midway has best price for factory German HK thread protector. Dad found them on there ordered him and my self one and we are very happy with them and the price.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
No they do not come with them. Several options for one when you do get one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the replies...looks like there are several companies that offer them..AAC, TROS, and Tornado technologies are the top three i found.

On another note..Fired off a magazine in of 45 ball ammo just a few minutes ago...Holy Flame Thrower!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the HK parts one and one from Tornado tech.  I like the Tornado Tech version better.  Just because it looks cool and it seems to be better made.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
No, they don't come with one, and you can get one cheap at hkparts.com.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#9]
^^ Agree, I've never seen a new USP 9SD, USP Tac or Mark 23 that actually came with a thread protector new. I just bought one off of eBay. I don't mind buying cheap for a non crucial part like that which I will probably lose anyway. Might be smart to buy cheap and get 2...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top