BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree that these should be cheap guns, but to be fair when you properly adjust for inflation $750 in 1989 is about $1400 right now. Which is pretty much exactly what the POF costs. That is why the POF was the one I finally went with. To me it is right at the point of what I think these guns should cost.

If I could just get mine to go a full range trip without any issues I would love it and feel it is worth every penny that it costs. Very fun to shoot and mine is dead on accurate out past 70 yards. I just want the jams to stop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Made in Pakistan?  Why are these so expensive?

Because people who have been looking at 3000 to 6000 dollar HK94s for a few years will fall all over themselves to pay $1400 for a reasonable facsimile.

Because it's HK, sorta.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking to buy an HK94 clone myself, the one I have chosen costs more than the POF.  But I remember new HK94s selling for around $750 right before the ban in 1989.  Nothing about the guns form or function has changed or innovated, they are still $750 dollar guns (give or take a couple hundred for inflation).  

This is governmentally restricted supply fucking with demand which fucks the consumer.

I agree that these should be cheap guns, but to be fair when you properly adjust for inflation $750 in 1989 is about $1400 right now. Which is pretty much exactly what the POF costs. That is why the POF was the one I finally went with. To me it is right at the point of what I think these guns should cost.

If I could just get mine to go a full range trip without any issues I would love it and feel it is worth every penny that it costs. Very fun to shoot and mine is dead on accurate out past 70 yards. I just want the jams to stop.

They were overpriced in 1989 too. Compare that price to what other rifles cost during that same time period.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top