Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 6:48:17 AM EDT
Have a 91 and 93 that I am considering selling. Tried getting on gunbroker but not a lot of bids on stuff at the moment.

Guns are both new and unfired. The 91 has a box and hang tag still on it. The 93' is boxless but in great shape. Both have a IB date code.

Where can I find some decent values on these things?? Might go poke around HKpro for a while.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Most people on GB want more than their rifle is worth, that's the problem in a nut shell. If I were going to sell my HK93 I would start it @ $1.00 with no reserve for 14 days it would sell and I would get real market value for it.

Same thing for my HK91. Starting them at 3.5K will get you nowhere fast.

HDH.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most people on GB want more than their rifle is worth, that's the problem in a nut shell. If I were going to sell my HK93 I would start it @ $1.00 with no reserve for 14 days it would sell and I would get real market value for it.

Same thing for my HK91. Starting them at 3.5K will get you nowhere fast.

HDH.
View Quote

Yeah I still laugh when I see these beat up 91's with asking prices in 94/sp89 range. Just can't fix stupid. Mainly I was wondering if these are still selling for over or under 2k as a starting point.

Only one way to find out I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
2300 for the 91.
2500 for the 93.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Date codes would help also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will post them up when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

IB for both of them.

Like I said 91 is in the box and looks like it had everything with it including test target.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
2300 for the 91.
2500 for the 93.
View Quote

Way to low for new in box, for excellent condition 91 > 2.5K  93 > 3K.

HDH.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Been looking on gunbroker and everything I see with bids is 23-2500. Some of those sold and other weren't at the reserve.

I wish I would have bought more of these things. Miner had one of the biggest collections I have ever seen. Almost all of them were NIB. Valmets,hk's, and all kinds of other stuff.

There was a rumor that he had a M60 floating around somewhere. After finding baggies of full auto parts for the Valmets I believe it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
While it's fun to remember these going for $600 in the mid-1980s, these peaked in price after the 1994 Crime Bill and have not changed in value significantly in 20 years.  In other words, don't look at these at smart investments.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
While it's fun to remember these going for $600 in the mid-1980s, these peaked in price after the 1994 Crime Bill and have not changed in value significantly in 20 years.  In other words, don't look at these at smart investments.
View Quote

Never really have looked at any guns as investments. I honestly can't remember what I paid for these but I think it was 16-1700.

To say these peaked in 94 is also not correct because while I remember them being a tough sell at 2k now they are easily worth more than that. There was a bit in the 2000's it was hard to get 1500$ for them. PTR put a hurt on the 91's but not the 93's or 94's.

Alaska is also unique in itself but I have one dealer here that thinks he could get 3500 for the 91 which I think is crazy. Another said he is pretty sure he could get 3k on gunbroker if I was patient. I think high 2's and just maybe 3k if you found that HK collector that had to have a new in box specimen.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I just picked up a mint PTR and over 1k rounds of ammo for $1000 but, that's was like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It even had a nice looking rail system instead of the handguard.

I will be looking for a handguard tho, not sure how hot the rail is going to get but I bet it can cook eggs!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just picked up a mint PTR and over 1k rounds of ammo for $1000 but, that's was like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It even had a nice looking rail system instead of the handguard.

I will be looking for a handguard tho, not sure how hot the rail is going to get but I bet it can cook eggs!
View Quote

Yeah i think you did ok ammo worth at least half of that nowadays.

I was able to bring my railed handguard and a HK bipod back to Nevada with me so I will probably switch it over. Like the way it looks a lot better. Might switch out the folder for a fixed too, never liked the long length of pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top