BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/16/2014 4:52:23 AM EDT

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you see the push-pin lower? There's no way that thing doesn't have an MKE-style carrier block if ATF is going to allow import with a push-pin lower.

On the upside, he said MSRP around $1400, so street should be a few hundo cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't need one of these.  Right?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Now I have to figure out what I can sell to get one of these?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Are they going to import/sell a K version?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm so screwed...

This is getting dangerously close to my price range. If Atlantic puts them on sale later, my wallet may be lightened considerably.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm so screwed...

This is getting dangerously close to my price range. If Atlantic puts them on sale later, my wallet may be lightened considerably.
View Quote

Get it now, remember when the MKE guns were below $1k?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Would it be easy and reasonably inexpensive to SBR this then?

ETA: I mean after your form comes back could you just put a standard HK/POF collapsible stock assembly on it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA: I mean after your form comes back could you just put a standard HK/POF collapsible stock assembly on it?
View Quote

I would think there would be 922r issues with doing that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not too familiar with HK firearms. Would the carrier block prevent the use of a registered sear in this gun?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not too familiar with HK firearms. Would the carrier block prevent the use of a registered sear in this gun?
View Quote

According to the pic above, yes.   The whole area of the auto trip ramp/swoop thingy is gone so a FA carrier would hit the block for sure.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

According to the pic above, yes.   The whole area of the auto trip ramp/swoop thingy is gone so a FA carrier would hit the block for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know. It's hard to see from the angle of the pics to be 100% sure, but to me it looks like the auto trip on the carrier is still there. From the two videos, I never saw a good view of the back of the receiver, so I couldn't tell if a sear block was in there. I did see an "Urbach" style shelf like the ones on the MKE pistols installed on the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Offer the K version and I am sold!
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#16]
The carrier auto trip is gone. I'm getting a pistol made by Gerard Miller to go with my Dakota Tactical D54P... No issues with blocks, etc. The push pin is allowed (I think) since there is a ledge on the rear of the mag well which would seem to prevent the use if a full auto housing or pack without modification. A variant of the MKE pistol design.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Offer the K version and I am sold!
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't know. It's hard to see from the angle of the pics to be 100% sure, but to me it looks like the auto trip on the carrier is still there. From the two videos, I never saw a good view of the back of the receiver, so I couldn't tell if a sear block was in there. I did see an "Urbach" style shelf like the ones on the MKE pistols installed on the receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atlantic said a few posts up that it had a carrier block. This is the only way they would be allowed to be imported since they have the pushpin lower. If they didn't have a carrier block, all one would need to do to illegally convert to full auto is drop in a full auto trigger pack. (asssuming it came with an auto carrier since it didn't have the block).

This is a real bummer for the sear pack guys. I don't know if the ATF ever determined if you would be able to convert the magwell area to standard semi-auto HK configuration (no front pin hole, larger semi-shelf) and then cut out the block.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Atlantic said a few posts up that it had a carrier block. This is the only way they would be allowed to be imported since they have the pushpin lower. If they didn't have a carrier block, all one would need to do to illegally convert to full auto is drop in a full auto trigger pack. (asssuming it came with an auto carrier since it didn't have the block).

This is a real bummer for the sear pack guys. I don't know if the ATF ever determined if you would be able to convert the magwell area to standard semi-auto HK configuration (no front pin hole, larger semi-shelf) and then cut out the block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, it was just hard to tell from the photo, but looking at the full auto carrier in my MKEs again, I can see that it's a semi. I wouldn't see an issue with taking the sear block out and leaving the shelf intact, but the multiple layers of deterrents always makes the ATF feel better. From my letter to the ATF regarding the MKE pistols, they were ok with taking out the sear block to be used as a host gun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I see one of these under the Christmas tree this year.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some ATF opinion letters say if you SBR something it doesn't need to adhere to 922r.

Besides, there are plenty of US parts if you believe that 922r is all inclusive.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#24]
The only issue with these seems to be the finish correct (easily scratched and will come off)?  Atlantic is the finish shiny or is that oil on the pistol making the finish shiny?  At $1,449.00, these are the cheapest MP5 style pistols on the market correct?  Are the parts better quality than the ones on some of the USA made clones?  Atlantic are you planning to offer any deals or incentives on these, it seems all of the vendors are selling at MAP.  The first vendor to offer some sort of discount on these will be out of stock immediately.  I wonder if any MKE or other imports will be able to match or beat these price/quality wise?  They will certainly have an effect on the US made clone market.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Are they already sold out?
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I prefer Mike Turner.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are they already sold out?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Flyer ,  the price is already great and it will not go lower ,There will be no price Wars or anything else there is only a limited number of guns coming in the US and the price is already More Than Fair. . The next Pistol option  would be $1750 & UP.
We hope to offer MKE product when they arrive in the US but there is no firm info on the market what will come in and what the price may be . Hopefully we will all know more soon & Look forward to working with the importer.
The guns come in with Oil on them so the pics may be more shiny due to being wiped down before pics.
View Quote

What do you mean by a limited amount? Like no more after the first batch sells out?
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We did not expect the pistols to sell out in 24-48 hours and had hoped to have these around for a bit . We had Huge interest from Retail customers, FFL Dealers and several of these went out to Law Enforcement . We do expect more but they are not flooding into the country by the boatload and the demand will outstrip the supply . We are asking them to take their time and not to rush we would rather have a smaller number of pistols that run than a large number of problematic guns.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification. Especially on a Sunday! Good to hear more will be coming.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I was considering getting a SIG 556Xi or Beretta ARX-100............I may have to forego that and get one of these now with a brace
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, I was planning on getting a MPX when funds were available, but this is going to be very tempting.  The issue would be doing this as a SBR vs one of the MPX Carbines IF they release the "muzzle break" version.  (The ATF was slapped for that one)

I can dream until I have money though.  Always wanted a MP5K, and the one in the other thread is damn sexy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I prefer Mike Turner.
View Quote

What didn't you like about your POF?
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I see POF also makes these....http://www.pof.gov.pk/IW_SMGPKPK1PK2PK3.aspx

Any chance we can get some?
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#37]
You never know what can possibly come in the future right now we are concentrating on the full sized pistol & are happy as hell to be able to offer them. We just need more we did not expect to see them all snapped up in 48 hours .
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking, how many POF 9mm did you sell in 48 hours?
I am a HUGE HK type roller lock fan. Glad I got one of the last POF 9mm just before the sellout. We seem to back in the glory days of military type firearms being imported. Who would have thunk it??
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I can't imagine how quick the arm braces will sell out too when they become available
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wow, I was planning on getting a MPX when funds were available, but this is going to be very tempting.  The issue would be doing this as a SBR vs one of the MPX Carbines IF they release the "muzzle break" version.  (The ATF was slapped for that one)

I can dream until I have money though.  Always wanted a MP5K, and the one in the other thread is damn sexy.
View Quote

Go with the MPX, MP5 is old technology. I also wouldn't by crap made from that 2 faced country. Remember where Osama was hiding? Yea and like those prics didn't know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Go with the MPX, MP5 is old technology. I also wouldn't by crap made from that 2 faced country. Remember where Osama was hiding? Yea and like those prics didn't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you own no Russian made guns or Chinese guns correct. I went with the Mp5 since they are normally vary expensive, also I like the fact that they are made at a licensed H&K factory such as the MKE's are. The Sig MPX is made in the USA so you do not have to worry about import restriction like you do with the POF MP5.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So you own no Russian made guns or Chinese guns correct. I went with the Mp5 since they are normally vary expensive, also I like the fact that they are made at a licensed H&K factory such as the MKE's are. The Sig MPX is made in the USA so you do not have to worry about import restriction like you do with the POF MP5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never have owned a AK or SKS. The only foreign guns I own are Glocks and a MP5 22LR made by Walter.  Everything else is good ol US of A AR's.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Never have owned a AK or SKS. The only foreign guns I own are Glocks and a MP5 22LR made by Walter.  Everything else is good ol US of A AR's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should stop shitting in this thread. This isn't GD.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that, my apologies.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#44]
The top of the gun is even marked " MP 5". Pretty cool!
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#45]

You don't need to apologize. You have a legit point. POF is a government owned factory so the money does go to their government. Arguing about the morals of buying from Pakistan isn't really a technical issue though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I see POF also makes these....http://www.pof.gov.pk/IW_SMGPKPK1PK2PK3.aspx

Any chance we can get some?
View Quote

Yes, I could go for that myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Well damn it all!

Over this past year I have purchased both a Turner and a AA Atlantic Pistol which I am very happy with and now they offer these.  I didn't ever see a sub 1500 MP5 or I might have saved a bit more funds from other purchases.

I'll not be ordering on as my relationship with my wife is already thin with firearms purchases but one of my shooting buddies was able to order one before they went out of stock. It's at his dealer but has not had the chance to go do his paperwork.

At least I'll get to try one out hopefully this weekend!

Pictures to follow!
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well damn it all!
Over this past year I have purchased both a Turner and a AA Atlantic Pistol which I am very happy with and now they offer these.  I didn't ever see a sub 1500 MP5 or I might have saved a bit more funds from other purchases.
I'll not be ordering on as my relationship with my wife is already thin with firearms purchases but one of my shooting buddies was able to order one before they went out of stock. It's at his dealer but has not had the chance to go do his paperwork.
Pictures to follow!
View Quote

Let us know how it shoots. MKE should be bringing some guns in as well. Sounds like they will be cheaper than the POF.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Let us know how it shoots. MKE should be bringing some guns in as well. Sounds like they will be cheaper than the POF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well damn it all!
Pictures to follow!

I just spoke to the Importer for MKE they said they "should" have the Mp5's and G3s in later this summer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#50]
I just picked up my POF5 MP5 from the ffl, the action is smooth and welds are clean the pins install and remove with ease everything looks to be well aligned. The only down side is that the finish is not vary good I wiped off the oil with denatured alcohol and removed some of the paint, this is not a issue since I am going to cerakote this gun anyways. I will take it to the range after work and update this post with my findings.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top