Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2014 12:00:54 AM EDT
Coharie CA89K

Went OD Green with thoughts of Digtial Camo but found it 'Toy-Like'

So I went Back to Black!!!

I had to cut up the original hand guard to be able to use my 3 lug mount.  So I went a step further and cut up an UMP top rail and fixed two pieces to the hand guard. One at the 6 o'clock and the other at the 1 o'clock.. I think it came out nice!

Before

After

********** I had a few people email me saying the the Coharie Bolt head was out of spec and a RMC or HK bolt head was need.  One gentleman  explained that the extractor wasn't holding the casing tight so it was falling out before the casing came in contact with the ejector.  I sat playing with it sure as **** it wouldn't hold the casing at all.  Loose as a goose.  I figured before I pay out anymore money I was going to play the HK extractor and extractor spring.  I filed down the inside part of the extractor a little at a time (inside towards the rear of the extractor that make contact in the grooves that hold it in place) until it held a casing good and tight.  Now it runs like a scolded dog.  Shot about 120rds through it without one damn problem.  I used a 15rd HK, 30rd Hk Curved and SD straight and a Korean 30rd.  No problems.  I will eventually get a better bolt head when/If this one starts acting up.  Right now I couldn't be happier with it!

Only had 7 subsonic rounds left over so this is a short video.  Will get some in depth videos at the range next weekend!

IMG_03042.mp4 Video by fasteddiespumping | Photobucket

I just need a scope/claw mount now!
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  I like it.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice job. Can we see some close ups of the adapter?
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you replace the internals with RCM or HK, mainly bolt head? If it is all stock Coharie you will start to get FTF and FTEs. I replaced all my internals and it runs like a Swiss watch now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the close ups.

Once I get my mp5k clone sbr'ed, I am going to take a mp5k back plate without the sling adapter and have a machine shop cut out the section for the a3 rails and build me a adapter so the a3 stock I have for my hk94 will fit my mp5k clone as well. So far, all I have seen are adapters for the a2 stock and it sets the stock to far back for my tastes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you replace the internals with RCM or HK, mainly bolt head? If it is all stock Coharie you will start to get FTF and FTEs. I replaced all my internals and it runs like a Swiss watch now.
View Quote

Had lots of FTE's but never any FTF's.   Replaced the trigger spring, extractor and extractor spring.

Runs  great now!

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm considering buying a PTR PDW to put a SIG brace on like that.
Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm considering buying a PTR PDW to put a SIG brace on like that.
Looks good.
View Quote

Get one!   Have fun with it before somebody does something stupid (Some dumb shit will) and the ATF changes their minds on these!!!!!  

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats a great looking piece.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thats a great looking piece.
View Quote

Thanks.  I love this firearm!

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good! I plan to do that when I can find an MKE one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Only had 7 subsonic rounds left over so this is a short video.  Will get some in depth videos at the range next weekend!

IMG_03042.mp4 Video by fasteddiespumping | Photobucket

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
man I need a K. (and for my pistol can to get out of jail!)
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
man I need a K. (and for my pistol can to get out of jail!)
View Quote

Brother I hated waiting for this Cobra.  Its not the best but it is still fun to play with.  I waited 10 months.  I want another one but I hear the wait time is way past a year.  I don't do well waiting for shit!  

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#15]
The mere fact that you're shooting off you back porch makes me jealous. Great looking little gun! The availability of these weapons and pistol brace attachments has sparked my interest to say the absolute least.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#16]
You did a nice job putting that rail on the forend.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a Coharie as well, and if the mag is loaded to 30 rounds, the round will load into the chamber but will fail to fire. If I load 25 rounds, it works every time.

WTF could be wrong? I've sent it to several smiths and somehow they get it to work with 30 rounds but the next f'ing time I go to the range I get the same malfunction!

If a new bolt will fix it i'm ok with that, however that's a $250 purchase on a guess.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome pics.  Looks great in black for sure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The laser light looks ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well until Surfire starts making a forearm light  for the 'K' models this have to do for me!!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#21]
http://www.surefire.com/m77-submachine-gun-forend.htmlnits a rail, not a forearm light, but still...
Quoted:

Well until Surfire starts making a forearm light  for the 'K' models this have to do for me!!!!

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://www.surefire.com/m77-submachine-gun-forend.htmlnits a rail, not a forearm light, but still...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top