Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 4:07:48 PM EDT
I found this deal on slickdeals.com. Would you guys consider this a good deal on a PTR91? Thanks...

http://www.cdnnsports.com/ptr91k-308-16-gi-park-green.html#.U1XHYlea_Tp
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
We are missing some vital information  here buddy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a PTR-91 Classic and could not be happier with it.  When I do my part, I get 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 50 yards.  This is standing, unsupported, using stock irons and shooting PMC Bronze.

I suspect we'll need more information before we can say one way or the other about the deal you are asking about.  For instance, which model, new or used, how much will it cost?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad for not including the link.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a good deal.  Personally, I would (actually I did) go with an 18 inch barrel.  But I don't think you would regret it if you jumped on that rifle.  I'm on my Nook right now, I'll post a couple photos of my PTR Classic when I can get to my laptop.  I also have the collapsible stock and find it to be very usable with the irons that come on the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#5]
That's pretty close to what the GI version seems to sell for.   When I bought mine the "expensive" gun store had them for $889.00.  PTR lists MSRP as $1049.00.

I don't believe it to be a bad deal at the very least.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd get the 17.7" barreled GI model instead of the shorter K model. Top it off with a parkerized steel "clipped-n-pinned" trigger housing(purely for looks), and as many mags as I could fit in my house.

Ammo will be your primary expense after buying the rifle, so plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Good deal. Looks like they are getting closer to their pre panic price again. I got my ptr91gi on sale years ago for I think $799. Its a good rile. I've owned two Ptrs second one was a sc I sold to a friend. Ammo is expensive though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]
i'd say yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top