Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 4:57:04 AM EDT
Several years back I bought one of the gray USC .45 carbines from a friend.  Never shot it all that much, though I did find it to be pretty enjoyable to shoot.  It's a neat rifle but I don't really have a use for it right now and it would be nice to finish up some other projects.  What are these going for these days?  Mine has the multi-tool, manual, and factory 3 point sling.   Also has a KAC VFG and a full set of (4) HDPS rails.  Or maybe I should just keep it?  Any chance they will significantly go up in value in the coming years?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Like any discontinued HK product, it WILL go up in price over time. I'd either hold on to it or use it for a UMP conversion.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The price will most likely go up as they've been discontinued from HK.

If you like it as a USC, do the conversion, you'll love it as a UMP.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Right now you can get around $1500 for it. The orginal gray ones are worth less than the current black ones. You can post it at $1500 and see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless you are in desparate need of the money right now, I would hold onto it for a future UMP conversion. Once converted, they are very badass...!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  I'll most likely keep it for now then.  Plus the wife doesn't want me to sell it either.  Not sure that the UMP conversion will ever happen ,but at least there is a chance to make a few extra bucks on it down the road if I decide to sell.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  I'll most likely keep it for now then.  Plus the wife doesn't want me to sell it either.  Not sure that the UMP conversion will ever happen ,but at least there is a chance to make a few extra bucks on it down the road if I decide to sell.
View Quote

Sorry, but I just had to torture you.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, that looks great.  Out of curiosity, what would be the total cost to build something like that?  I'd probably stick with the 16" barrel for simplicities sake.

Quoted:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/destateklu/HKUMP-45SMG.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/destateklu/HKUMP-45SMG.jpg

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, I wish the possibility to convert the USC to the UMP was remotely possible when I bought mine in 1999. Sold a couple years later b/c of the 10 round mag capacity. I would love to have an UMP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Man, that looks great.  Out of curiosity, what would be the total cost to build something like that?  I'd probably stick with the 16" barrel for simplicities sake.
View Quote

I had it done a while ago, so I forget...........but I'm guess that parts and labor on a conversion would be in the neighborhood of $1200-$1500 depending upon the specific conversion you want. Check with Homeland Defense and Police Supply (HDPS). I bought the base carbine back in 2003 for about $900-ish, so I was better off than other buying them now at $1500 for conversion. I run a Cmore red dot on it and the carbine is amazingly accurate at 20-25 yds. At an in-door range, I was able to do very small groups at 20-25yds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top