Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2014 11:07:54 PM EDT
I have a new PTR GI 91 and want to mount a scope on it.  I bought the Leapers UTG Stanag claw type mount from RTG.  It was listed under the HK 91/PTR 91 category.  I can't seem to mount it.  The claws will not rotate into place like the receiver is too wide.  I went to the Leapers web site and it lists this mount for MP5 use.  I'm guessing the mount is not interchangeable between the MP5 and the 91.  Anyone else run into this?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was tight as all get out on a CETME.
Put 2 little gouges in the metal.
I took it off though. Without a check riser on the stock, it was useless for me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the UTG version of the B&T mount, I think this is the best option unless you get a rail welded on. The claw mount makes the scope sit high creating a jaw weld situation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Sarco has real German claw mounts for $129 or so. Mine works well, better than the broken elevation cam in the scope..
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now I'm in the process of making a video I do believe I know what's going on.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top