Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasnt the rumor that ATI stopped importing them because the Turks started getting greedy?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That was the rumor, should not be too long before we see what the MSRP on the new ones will be.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump...Again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I am really looking forward to these rifles!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I just received an email from Mike at Zenith/Quest:

Andy,

I had just gotten back from Turkey when I received this email from you and Andy Eckert just reminded me or your inquiry.  I apologize for not responding sooner.  

I tested the guns the week of September 15th in Turkey and they are awesome.  We are coordinating the importation between the ATF and the Turkish government as I write this.  

I am disappointed that we did not have them in July as I initially anticipated.  I did not fully understand the amount of planning, adjusting and bureaucracy involved.  For that, I apologize.   I cannot guarantee a hard date yet but we are hoping for December 1st at this time.  Thanks for keeping up with us Andy!  

Mike

Mike Farruggio

Firearms Program Manager

Zenith Firearms

Office 434-202-7790

Mobile 434-566-1412

He also sent me this little sneak peak, it may be imported in pistol form due to barrel length:

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I would really like an HK53, the mp5-sized 5.56 rifle. That's about the perfect size for me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the 33K is perfect. Awesome photo!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, hard to do better than that!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Andy,
I had just gotten back from Turkey when I received this email from you and Andy Eckert just reminded me or your inquiry.  I apologize for not responding sooner.  
I tested the guns the week of September 15th in Turkey and they are awesome.  We are coordinating the importation between the ATF and the Turkish government as I write this.  
I am disappointed that we did not have them in July as I initially anticipated.  I did not fully understand the amount of planning, adjusting and bureaucracy involved.  For that, I apologize.   I cannot guarantee a hard date yet but we are hoping for December 1st at this time.  Thanks for keeping up with us Andy!  

Mike

Mike Farruggio

He also sent me this little sneak peak, it may be imported in pistol form due to barrel length:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u266/poorman_photo/MKEHK33_zps24f03170.jpg
View Quote

the way this email is written, it looks like they haven't gotten permission to import yet and nothing has even left Turkey.

this thread is essentially 7 pages of bullshit hype.  I bet you won't see these for at least another year.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

the way this email is written, it looks like they haven't gotten permission to import yet and nothing has even left Turkey.

this thread is essentially 7 pages of bullshit hype.  I bet you won't see these for at least another year.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Andy,

Mike

Mike Farruggio

Rumor has it that the HK33 version has already been cleared for importation by the ATF, they are now close to getting the nod on the MP5 pistols and the G3 version.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+ 1 more
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Andy,

Mike

Mike Farruggio

Firearms Program Manager

Zenith Firearms

Office 434-202-7790

Mobile 434-566-1412

View Quote

Nice.  I'd be interested in one of those to SBR along with a MP5.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#17]
update?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Bump?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Dec 1st release? Yeah right.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dec 1st release? Yeah right.
View Quote

Shit happens. You should know the drill by now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Desperately, yet patiently, awaiting the arrival of some HK33 mags....
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Any news Atlantic?

I understand the hoops that must be jumped through to get such a deal done, but it has been a while!

Ruck

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#25]
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/04/foghorn/coming-soon-from-zenith-firearms-z5-licensed-mp5-pistol-series/

"The first wave of imports is coming in next month, and while the guns are going to be about $100 to $200 above what’s coming in from POF they say that the quality will be evident."
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/04/foghorn/coming-soon-from-zenith-firearms-z5-licensed-mp5-pistol-series/

"The first wave of imports is coming in next month, and while the guns are going to be about $100 to $200 above what’s coming in from POF they say that the quality will be evident."
View Quote

So to get a retractable stock on the MP5 version only involves removing the end cap?

Not sure I get the "streched" thing, I'll have to look in to it I think.

Really nice looking guns at the link MAC.....thanks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

The MP5k has a shorter receiver, both in front and back. The 'reverse stretch' is an MP5 with a (squished) K-sized front end and a (stretched) standard MP5 rear end. True K receivers take special end plates and stocks that do not work on standard MP5 rear ends, so the reverse stretch was made so you can have a shorter front while still using standard MP5 stocks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The MP5k has a shorter receiver, both in front and back. The 'reverse stretch' is an MP5 with a (squished) K-sized front end and a (stretched) standard MP5 rear end. True K receivers take special end plates and stocks that do not work on standard MP5 rear ends, so the reverse stretch was made so you can have a shorter front while still using standard MP5 stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Outside of the tax stamp, is there anything more to adding a collapsable stock to these MKE guns to the reverse strech then taking off the end cap and adding the stock?

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Get stamp, get receiver engraved. Take off pistol end cap and put on whatever stock variation you want.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:22:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Nope, then it ends up looking something like this.  Granted, this is a Dakota Tactical and not a MKE, but it shows what a reverse stretch MP5 looks like once SBR'd and a stock is added.  
https://40.media.tumblr.com/ffb01127de4a7e9326736e111087544a/tumblr_nmokasUZZI1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Outside of the tax stamp, is there anything more to adding a collapsable stock to these MKE guns to the reverse strech then taking off the end cap and adding the stock?

Nope, then it ends up looking something like this.  Granted, this is a Dakota Tactical and not a MKE, but it shows what a reverse stretch MP5 looks like once SBR'd and a stock is added.  
https://40.media.tumblr.com/ffb01127de4a7e9326736e111087544a/tumblr_nmokasUZZI1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

I have to real use for that gun other than an overwhelming desire to own it.

That's likely going to happen if these MKE guns are as nice as they look in the link above.

POF is built on German tooling as well I believe.

Any desirability differences between MKE & POF? And what are those differences?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's likely going to happen if these MKE guns are as nice as they look in the link above.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The finish is a little nicer on the MKE guns IMO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw a few at the NRA convention. Fit and finish looked just as good, if not better than the old gen MKE I had for a while.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Really looking forward to the reviews on these. Kinda hoping they make a RS in the K style gun. Not sure why they have  RS that is normal on their website???
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Really looking forward to the reviews on these. Kinda hoping they make a RS in the K style gun. Not sure why they have  RS that is normal on their website???
View Quote

I have no idea why they're calling a full size pistol a reverse stretch unless it's some sort of mistranslation?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have no idea why they're calling a full size pistol a reverse stretch unless it's some sort of mistranslation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sorta scares me that they as the company do not know what a reverse stretch is. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up as a misspell..
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Bump for any updates.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I sorta scares me that they as the company do not know what a reverse stretch is. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up as a misspell..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not a mis-spell, or mis-speak.  They say they're changing the naming conventions for MP5s.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No, not a mis-spell, or mis-speak.  They say they're changing the naming conventions for MP5s.
View Quote

That seems pointless.  There's a very specific reason a weapon with a K front end and a full size back end is called a reverse stretch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I spoke to them at SHOT, and they know what they're doing.  The odd naming has nothing to do with their understanding of HK roller locks and everything to do with US import laws.  Remember, MKE was imported before by another company so some models would have to meet the old import standard (no third pin and magwell block and special 10 round mags) rather than the way they are doing it now.  If the model name changes, it is a new gun.  If it is the old model name, it is an old gun with certain requirements already set for import.  It is not Zenith Quest being weird, it is our silly import laws.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That seems pointless.  There's a very specific reason a weapon with a K front end and a full size back end is called a reverse stretch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I could care less if they know what they are doing, Its confusing for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#43]
hmmm this firearm looks promising
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Any updates on when these weapons will be available?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any updates on when these weapons will be available?
Thanks
View Quote

Wondering this as well. Someone asked on their Facebook page a few Friday's ago and the response was "next Friday" which no matter how you take it would have been a few days or more ago at the worst. No other updates I've seen.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Unless things change my shipment is suppose to be here in the next 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#48]
This was posted on HkPro board today by someone with the screen name of "Nocebo"  who I believe is affiliated with Zenith Firearms:

Good morning! Zenith's firearms were packaged today in Kirikkale, they are shipping tomorrow to Istanbul, then they are flying to Dulles Wednesday and arriving at Dulles Wednesday. Thursday or Friday they should get cleared by Customs (per our broker) and arrive in Zenith's shop Friday or Saturday. Zenith is working all weekend to receive them and then start shipping Monday or Tuesday, shipping in order of payment received. So, you should see these arriving next week, if all goes according to this plan. Sounds good!

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you a zenith dealer, or did you order from a dealer?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top