Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2013 3:07:15 PM EDT
Been looking at the Century C93 and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with them? I know Century can have some issues however, even Ted Nugent is promoting it. It looks like a fun shooting rifle in 223.

Thoughts??

Link Posted: 12/31/2013 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and like it though the rifle I have now is a replacement for the first one that didn't work !

As long as you accept the fact it is a Century product and all that entails and being much much cheaper than a custom build or real HK93....you may be happy .
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I did and sold it. Jam-O-Matic.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one that has about 200 rounds through now without a problem. I like it.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had one for years.  No issues at all.  Your mileage may vary.  Wi looked at 3 at a local shop yesterday and cosmetically they are nicer than mine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one about 6 months ago.  Mine works great.  I have tried the supplied 40 round mag, 30 round promags and HK 25 round mags and they all work great.  It still has a .015 gap after about 500 rounds through it.  I was looking for something different than my AR's and the C93 is fun.  The park finish on mine was done very well even though I painted over it.  Mine came with the pistol grip that has the finger grooves.  Not sure if that had any determination on the supplier to Century, but I am pleased with mine.  I changed out the rear stock and have painted them in this picture.  David

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a C-93p, it's really an HK-53. You just have to be willing to spend a little money if it doesn't work. Most of the parts are HK surplus and should have HK quality.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I purchased my C-93 two years ago, installed my HK sear and have not had any issues. The gun has run in both semi and full ZERO issues. I have even had luck with my HK .22lr conversion kit to boot!
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw a C93 pistol on buds today.   DO WANT!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't had much trouble with mine. Only a few failures to fully eject in 2 or 3 hundred rounds. Bolt gap is a little on the low end but still in spec. Could probably stand to put in new rollers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I think I will give it a try. It looks like a fun rifle to shoot.

Link Posted: 1/12/2014 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one I use as a host for my pack. It runs great, eats everything I put in it, even when extremely dirty.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I have had no issues with this Century C93. Loves Russian steel cased. Even ProMags are good to go. The fit and finish is no HK, but it's good enough.

But it's always possible to get a lemon.

Link Posted: 1/12/2014 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had (2) Century C93's. The first one was a lemon. The rear sight base was welded on so crooked that I could not adjust windage enough to get it zeroed. It was also a bolt action. I sent it back to Century for replacement and 2 weeks later I received another rifle. The rifle I received didn't have a crooked rear sight base but it had a crooked cocking tube. Century did a pretty shitty job putting these rifles together but somehow mine shoots great and hasn't had any problems. Bolt gap is holding. It's definitely one of my favorite rifles and I can't complain considering I paid $499 for one and most HK clones are easily $1000+.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had (2) Century C93's. The first one was a lemon. The rear sight base was welded on so crooked that I could not adjust windage enough to get it zeroed. It was also a bolt action. I sent it back to Century for replacement and 2 weeks later I received another rifle. The rifle I received didn't have a crooked rear sight base but it had a crooked cocking tube. Century did a pretty shitty job putting these rifles together but somehow mine shoots great and hasn't had any problems. Bolt gap is holding. It's definitely one of my favorite rifles and I can't complain considering I paid $499 for one and most HK clones are easily $1000+.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/nm7auzj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/850/7auz.jpg</a>

View Quote

Its one of my favorite rifles as well.

I was lucky with my first, as it shoots "dead on" and it cycles perfectly with H&K magazines or the Pro Mag 20/30/40 rounders.

I paid a little over $450 for it with 2 factory aluminum 40's.

Though, there are a couple slight issues with my C93. The magazine well was slightly bulged and was too long. That, and the ATI collapsible stock won't fit my rifle without modifications
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Though, there are a couple slight issues with my C93. The magazine well was slightly bulged and was too long. That, and the ATI collapsible stock won't fit my rifle without modifications
View Quote

I had to modify the take-down pin and shave the inside diameter of the ATI stock pin hole in order for it to fit. I didn't bother removing the H-buffer at the rear of the stock. My buffered carrier tore it up a bit but nothing serious. I really want to put a paddle mag release on mine, but for the amount of money I have into the C93, I could damn near buy a Vector 93 with a paddle release already on there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#16]
In my thread below yours

Good luck getting mags... Apparently someone is hiding them in a warehouse
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had to modify the take-down pin and shave the inside diameter of the ATI stock pin hole in order for it to fit. I didn't bother removing the H-buffer at the rear of the stock. My buffered carrier tore it up a bit but nothing serious. I really want to put a paddle mag release on mine, but for the amount of money I have into the C93, I could damn near buy a Vector 93 with a paddle release already on there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ya, i looked at the mods that i would have had to make in order to fit the ATI collapsible. I just couldn't bring myself to mod that stock. I did go the Vector method and mod a G3 collapsible that works great (lots of work, though worth it )
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In my thread below yours

View Quote

Yep. The factory magazines are hard to find. Strange for a surplus  firearm.

Somebody is keeping them locked up..
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my thread below yours

Usual as hell considering they are still selling them with two 40 rounders per rifles -

Figure current market value (80$) a mag ..I have a hard time believing my c93 Pistol was 440$ and the two mags 160$ to come to a total packed cost of 600$ bucks
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Usual as hell considering they are still selling them with two 40 rounders per rifles -

Figure current market value (80$) a mag ..I have a hard time believing my c93 Pistol was 440$ and the two mags 160$ to come to a total packed cost of 600$ bucks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my thread below yours

As far as i can tell, the only G33 magazines that where surplussed are the Malaysian magazines?

I know that prior to sandy hook,  sellers on gunbroker had been selling them minus the base plates, springs and their followers. They where cheap, but they where damaged but serviceable.
These, i stupidly missed as i didn't think that i could buy the parts to make them worth the effort.  I later found sellers that had the parts...

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got 5 40 rnd Hk preban mags for sale in the EE asking what I paid for them
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Not a fan of the 40rd mags. They are just too long. Still haven't found a mag pouch that fits.
The steel HK 25 or 30rd mags are great. Promags are my second choice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe with enough requests/interest, a company like Magpul could make and sell tons of these like hotcakes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Got mine - Love it.

Good luck.

I got to inspect 4- used feeler gauges -  bollt gap of .014

You need to drop the bolt on an empty chamber, dry fire it, and measure the gap between the carrier and bolt.

Have fun paying for extra mags. $40 minimum.

Btw I paid $599

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe with enough requests/interest, a company like Magpul could make and sell tons of these like hotcakes.
View Quote

i bet majority of this site would be down for that ..
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to the Industry Forum and posted a suggestion to them.  Hopefully they take heed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I went to the Industry Forum and posted a suggestion to them.  Hopefully they take heed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We all need to
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, I purchased one and think it is a great shooting rifle. I have put about 300 rounds through it without any problem. The bolt gap is .017 and holding. I highly recommend it!

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, I purchased one and think it is a great shooting rifle. I have put about 300 rounds through it without any problem. The bolt gap is .017 and holding. I highly recommend it!

View Quote

Yep. Fun rifles.

Too bad that the original magazines are hard to find and expensive when you do locate some. Thankfully Pro Mag makes OK magazines for decent prices. If only MagPul  made some..
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 4:38:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Yep. Fun rifles.

Too bad that the original magazines are hard to find and expensive when you do locate some. Thankfully Pro Mag makes OK magazines for decent prices. If only MagPul  made some..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. Fun rifles.

I ordered three mags from Promag last June and still haven't seen them.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Fun rifles.

It took them a long time to send me the few that i had ordered as well. I think that the HK 93 magazines are more popular than everyone thinks and, Pro mag is behind due to the fact that they are the only magazine for these rifles that are in any real supply.  

Magpul is missing out here i know it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#32]
And oh, http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/HecklerKoch-33283/Rifles-36504/G3333-38796.htm

They sent me a NEW magazine. (your results may vary)
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought a couple of hk93 Promags at midway and they seem to work fine. They are in stock also.

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought a few Promags from Midway. At the time they were $11 each (20 rd). I figured "what the hell", well they work just fine. A little tight, however with some use. They pop right in and out.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby=1&itemsperpage=24&newcategorydimensionid=18631
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Was in the McKinney Cabellas- there was 7 of them to choose thru. $650
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a C91 and it has been very good, though build quality can be hit or miss on these
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I have been debating on picking up either one of these or a Vector V93. Maybe Century stepped up the QC a little?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have been debating on picking up either one of these or a Vector V93. Maybe Century stepped up the QC a little?
View Quote

Hahhaa good one
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I have a C93 pistol I made into an HK53 and it works perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have a C93 pistol I made into an HK53 and it works perfectly.
View Quote

What did you do to it?  Pics?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Another flawless hundred rounds through my rifle today. No gas system to clean although the chamber area does get pretty dirty. Don't have too much oil in the chamber area or the fluted chamber may not release the fired cases well. Even when the barrel gets hot, it still maintains its point of aim and accuracy. Trying to purchase original HK magazines seem to be next to impossible however the Promags seem to work fine. Overall, could not be more happy with my purchase.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I have one that shoots good but the mags will just fall out while shooting. Other than that the gun runs good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have one that shoots good but the mags will just fall out while shooting. Other than that the gun runs good.
View Quote

Your mag catch may need to be bent in a little bit.  If you have a small piece of leather and a big punch you can tap the catch and bend it into the magwell a little bit without marring anything.  Don't overdo it because the mag catch is two pieces welded together and they will break if bent too far or bent back and forth one too many times.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Check your magazine well. Do you have a gap on the sides? (like the magazine well is bulged?)

Also, the magazine stops, do they touch the magazine well before they lock in place?

My C93 had a badly out of spec. magazine well that was over length and it was bulged. The promags refused to lock in very well and would barely seat without forcing them.

I had to use a brass/nylon hammer and a file to correct the magazine well. Now all my magazines fit/lock like they where meant to.

It only takes a few minutes to do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#45]
There can also be excess weld at the front of the magwell, and if the bead is too big there it will interfere.  Filing that down can help a lot and saves mags from getting scratched up in the front.

If you have a small punch you can take the mag catch apart and check to see if the catch itself (the "L" shaped piece) binds in any direction.  A little filing in the cutout helps there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Have had my C93 for a number of years now.  It was always a good shooter, but cosmetically not so good.  The triple frame was actually welded, not silver soldered, to the barrel. The over sized weld bead that they used was not pretty. The bolt gap did shrink some, but stayed in spec.   I found a RCM barrel from a motivated seller and some other parts.  Sent these and the rifle to one of the HK smiths who post over on HKPro.com.  The rifle that I got back runs like Swiss watch.  Had a paddle mag release put on when the barrel was pressed.  Later found an HK93 metal pistol grip housing and a slim hand guard for some good prices.  The only thing I haven't yet done is the paint job.  Over a period of time, up until a year or two ago, I did find occasional deals on 25 rd steel HK mags.  I am fortunate to have eight now that I paid an average price of about $45 each.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Who else took the redunkulus carry handle off?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Who else took the redunkulus carry handle off?
View Quote

I did.

However, I ended up putting it back on. Its really not a bad idea/system.
Especially with the bipod,100 rd Beta drum etc. on the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Fucking magggggs
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fucking magggggs
View Quote

I know.

They are out there, just expensive..

I wish that lancer or magpul would make some magazines ..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top