Author
To the everlasting glory of the Infantry...
Military
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:22:32 AM EST
I had one given to me that I really don't want. I don't know anything about the legality of transferring it, but it's not a serial numbered part, and it's not compatible with the semi receiver. Are these at all common? Can I sell it? Should I just give it to the ATF? I IM'd a mod for this forum to ask these questions, but he blew me off. I really hope someone here knows about this stuff, because if I don't get a solid answer, I'm putting this thing in a furnace and melting it down.
RESIST
"The cold, unforgiving fist of reality craters the gut of another incompetent loon."- mhoffman
P08
WAIT FOR IT!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:22:16 AM EST
Perfectly legal to own, the fire control group won't even work in auto on a semi gun. The bolt of a semi needs to be altered and the housing clipped.
He said "Yes you did" I said "No I didn't" she said "Yes you did" then I said "Nuh uh" they said "Uh huh" then I said, If it is gonna be that kind of party I'm stickin my dick in the mashed potatoes.
arheart
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:24:19 AM EST
you dont want to own it and a rifle at the same time.....................its good for repair parts.........the FA parts need to be destroyed.........thats my opinion and not legal advice
Thatsnotfunny1
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:06:15 AM EST
Totally fine. Cheaper than dirt sells Hk91 full auto parts, or at least I think they used too if they arent now. Its like how the FAL full auto fire control parts can be sold because the reciever has to be modified for use.
P08
WAIT FOR IT!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:07:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Thatsnotfunny1:
Totally fine. Cheaper than dirt sells Hk91 full auto parts, or at least I think they used too if they arent now. Its like how the FAL full auto fire control parts can be sold because the reciever has to be modified for use.
When I put together my StG FAL the parts kit came with the auto sear, but the receiver was not milled to take it.

He said "Yes you did" I said "No I didn't" she said "Yes you did" then I said "Nuh uh" they said "Uh huh" then I said, If it is gonna be that kind of party I'm stickin my dick in the mashed potatoes.
DesignatedMarksman
To the everlasting glory of the Infantry...
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:29:27 AM EST
Thanks for the help guys. How much does one of these go for generally?
RESIST
"The cold, unforgiving fist of reality craters the gut of another incompetent loon."- mhoffman
P08
WAIT FOR IT!
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:45:25 AM EST
Mot much. They cut up thousands of Cetme's to build semi auto guns, not much use for full auto trigger groups. I'm gonna guess $10-25?
Holescreek
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:24:39 AM EST
Apex lists them at $50. Problem is the three main parts are usually changed out for US parts anyway for 922r.
Thatsnotfunny1
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/29/2012 5:39:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By P08:

Originally Posted By Thatsnotfunny1:
When I put together my StG FAL the parts kit came with the auto sear, but the receiver was not milled to take it.

Exactly. I think thats the point I was trying to make... words are not my friend