Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
To the everlasting glory of the Infantry...
Gold
  • Joined Sep 2005
  • Posts 3018
  • Location USA USA
Gold
  • Joined Sep 2005
  • Posts 3018
  • Location USA USA
Military
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:22:32 AM EST
I had one given to me that I really don't want. I don't know anything about the legality of transferring it, but it's not a serial numbered part, and it's not compatible with the semi receiver. Are these at all common? Can I sell it? Should I just give it to the ATF? I IM'd a mod for this forum to ask these questions, but he blew me off. I really hope someone here knows about this stuff, because if I don't get a solid answer, I'm putting this thing in a furnace and melting it down.
RESIST
"The cold, unforgiving fist of reality craters the gut of another incompetent loon."- mhoffman
P08
WAIT FOR IT!
Bronze
  • Joined Apr 2001
  • Posts 13813
  • Location AND AND
Bronze
  • Joined Apr 2001
  • Posts 13813
  • Location AND AND
NRA
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 7:22:16 AM EST
Perfectly legal to own, the fire control group won't even work in auto on a semi gun. The bolt of a semi needs to be altered and the housing clipped.
He said "Yes you did" I said "No I didn't" she said "Yes you did" then I said "Nuh uh" they said "Uh huh" then I said, If it is gonna be that kind of party I'm stickin my dick in the mashed potatoes.
Basic
  • Joined Sep 2011
  • Posts 147
  • Location USA GA, USA
Basic
  • Joined Sep 2011
  • Posts 147
  • Location USA GA, USA
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 7:24:19 AM EST
you dont want to own it and a rifle at the same time.....................its good for repair parts.........the FA parts need to be destroyed.........thats my opinion and not legal advice
Basic
  • Joined May 2011
  • Posts 52
  • Location USA TX, USA
Basic
  • Joined May 2011
  • Posts 52
  • Location USA TX, USA
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 8:06:15 AM EST
Totally fine. Cheaper than dirt sells Hk91 full auto parts, or at least I think they used too if they arent now. Its like how the FAL full auto fire control parts can be sold because the reciever has to be modified for use.
P08
WAIT FOR IT!
Bronze
  • Joined Apr 2001
  • Posts 13817
  • Location AND AND
Bronze
  • Joined Apr 2001
  • Posts 13817
  • Location AND AND
NRA
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 8:07:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Thatsnotfunny1:
Totally fine. Cheaper than dirt sells Hk91 full auto parts, or at least I think they used too if they arent now. Its like how the FAL full auto fire control parts can be sold because the reciever has to be modified for use.
When I put together my StG FAL the parts kit came with the auto sear, but the receiver was not milled to take it.

He said "Yes you did" I said "No I didn't" she said "Yes you did" then I said "Nuh uh" they said "Uh huh" then I said, If it is gonna be that kind of party I'm stickin my dick in the mashed potatoes.
To the everlasting glory of the Infantry...
Gold
  • Joined Sep 2005
  • Posts 3021
  • Location USA USA
Gold
  • Joined Sep 2005
  • Posts 3021
  • Location USA USA
Military
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 8:29:27 AM EST
Thanks for the help guys. How much does one of these go for generally?
RESIST
"The cold, unforgiving fist of reality craters the gut of another incompetent loon."- mhoffman
P08
WAIT FOR IT!
Bronze
  • Joined Apr 2001
  • Posts 13821
  • Location AND AND
Bronze
  • Joined Apr 2001
  • Posts 13821
  • Location AND AND
NRA
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 8:45:25 AM EST
Mot much. They cut up thousands of Cetme's to build semi auto guns, not much use for full auto trigger groups. I'm gonna guess $10-25?
Basic
  • Joined May 2007
  • Posts 208
  • Location USA OH, USA
Basic
  • Joined May 2007
  • Posts 208
  • Location USA OH, USA
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 9:24:39 AM EST
Apex lists them at $50. Problem is the three main parts are usually changed out for US parts anyway for 922r.
Basic
  • Joined May 2011
  • Posts 53
  • Location USA TX, USA
Basic
  • Joined May 2011
  • Posts 53
  • Location USA TX, USA
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 5:39:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By P08:

Originally Posted By Thatsnotfunny1:
When I put together my StG FAL the parts kit came with the auto sear, but the receiver was not milled to take it.

Exactly. I think thats the point I was trying to make... words are not my friend