Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2017 8:44:22 AM EDT
I'm on the hunt for a sling, what has worked well for you?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I take all the sling swivels off of my FALs.

Blue Force Gear VCAS is my choice for my XCR, though. I'd be happy with one on an FAL.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
BFG padded Vickers sling in OD green.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
https://tabgear.configio.com/shoppingcart.aspx?com=detailview&iid=894&source=search

But then, I only use the sling when doing 5k/10k/20k run and guns.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Since the FAL isn't real happy being shot "slung up" with a tight sling, any sling is really more of a carrying strap.
For that purpose, the 1908 pattern web slings (used on SMLE, No.4/5 rifles and the L1A1) are cheap, readily available, easily adjustable, and come in different colors (or colours).
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a BFG VCAS with the quick release mounted to the front end to allow it to serve as an extension (I'd rather have a simple strap) to allow me to use the sling as a shooting aid.  To facilitate the latter, and for other reasons, I have a handguard mounted swivel.  I intend to mount a sling swivel on the right side of the buttstock, which at this point is my preferred position for right-handed use of a rifle with a tactical sling, as I like it better for shoulder transitions.  The standard bottom swivel work in a pinch, but under some conditions the rifle will, of course, want to flip upside down.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:17:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Accept no substitutes...

https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-sling
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
The correct Austrian sling for my StG 58's. SAR 48 uses the Enfield pattern sling that came with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top