Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2017 1:43:54 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Got it in trade a few years ago and just don't really shoot it much and I'm not a collector.

That second line on the receiver reads "Pacific Armament Corp."

Anyway WYSIWYG. Appreciate any insight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Mostly Austrian StG-58 components on an IMBEL receiver. The stock is not from an StG-58, though- standard Type D synthetic buttstock.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Its probably worth around $800.  It has no collector value, but might make a nice shooter (dependent upon the bore condition).  It looks clean, but there are a metric ton (no pun intended) of FrankenFALs floating around from the FAL parts importation glory days.

The PAC Imbel upper is a great receiver.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
parts by themselves are worth over thousand... built into a functioning rifle, subtract money...  
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
parts by themselves are worth over thousand... built into a functioning rifle, subtract money...  
View Quote
Weird isn't it?

Its like buying a house on a large parcel of land...you pay $100,000 for some acreage...and then after you build on it...the land value disappears.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Weird isn't it?

Its like buying a house on a large parcel of land...you pay $100,000 for some acreage...and then after you build on it...the land value disappears.
View Quote
I agree and I've noticed this too - I don't subscribe to it - but - I think the problem is the fear that a home build is potentially a risk as far as build quality.   Parts can be bought and assembled into something with a known pedigree - although I'd think someone should be able to pick up on some of the more dubious builds fairly easy and fix some of the basic issues.  The biggest issues are poor smithing on barrel install, headspace & timing and gas issues - gas issues can be remedied easy enough.  If someone improperly or WECSOG'D a build with a poorly faced barrel there could be some ugly accuracy from it.  Still fixable, but the prices are lower on a build versus the disaasmbeld parts and I think that is the reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top