Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2017 9:53:45 AM EDT
I went to stop by one of the LGS in my area and saw a rather interesting FAL configuration.  The upper was a Rosiario made  but the rifle had L1A1 barrel, front sight, and the sand cut bolt carrier with a para stock.

I thought all Arggies FALs were metric built. Did they made an inch pattern upper for civilian sales before the great ban.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Both inch and metric rifles can be built on metric receivers.

The probability that that rifle is a Century build with a folder added later is practically 100%. It did NOT come from FMAP  like that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure it wasn't a metric open eared front sight ?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Back when stripped/virgin Argentine receivers were coming into the country, 90% of the parts kits were L1A1's......I built a few inch pattern guns on those receivers......you couldn't get a proper inch receiver from DSA or Entreprise at the time.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure it wasn't a metric open eared front sight ?
View Quote
If it was a folding rear sight it was L1A1, fixed is metric. Open ear Argentine front sights are pretty common. Was there a bayonet lug on the barrel? A sand cut cut Para carrier is not Inch pattern, perhaps DSA.

ETA: If it has a standard Para rear sight or metric short it won't zero with metric open ear front.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it was a folding rear sight it was L1A1, fixed is metric. Open ear Argentine front sights are pretty common. Was there a bayonet lug on the barrel? A sand cut cut Para carrier is not Inch pattern, perhaps DSA.

ETA: If it has a standard Para rear sight or metric short it won't zero with metric open ear front.
View Quote
I did not pay any attention to the rear sight.  I could not remember seeing any Century import markings.  I never seen an Arggie FAL so I don't know how is one is setup.

I do not believe it had a bayo lug.  I would have to look it better to see how it is built when I go back there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
If you Google open ear Argie FAL the first link will take you to an ad on The FALFiles with some good pics of a fixed stock model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top