Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2017 3:24:24 AM EDT
I have a DSA Para Tactical rear sight (with A2 windage knob ) that I'm going to get rid of. I couldn't find a C1A1 or Hythe rear sight anywhere. Should I get the SA58 rear sight (200M-600M), Para sight (150M/250M), or the Holland fixed sight?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a DS Arms "Holland" style rear sight on my 18" DS Arms Para Congo right now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a DS Arms "Holland" style rear sight on my 18" DS Arms Para Congo right now.
View Quote
I'm considering it for the simplicity. Do you like the aperture size?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I like it.  It originally came with the same A2 style sight you described above, but that just didn't seem right on that carbine.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I just put a Holland on my StG 58 build. Going to zero it tomorrow. So far, I'm liking it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm fine with the standard tangent sight for fixed-butt models, but I like to open them up to ghost ring dimensions, about 5mm.

It'd be nice if they made Hythe-style apertures that were the right height for metric closed ear gas block front sights and were suited for use on metric rear sight bases.  That would be the best option.  I may see if a machinist can make some one day for my ultimate build.  If you got the Indian aperture but made the cutout on the bottom for the base centred, and replaced the tombstones with a Hythe-style set of the proper height, you'd be GTG.  

I don't care much for the para fixed aperture sight.  Better than the DSA A2-style rear sight, though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't tried all of them, but I really like the DSA hooded rear sight that just replaces a standard rear sight. I drilled the aperture out to a slightly larger size.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the Israeli/Argentine "Tombstone" rear sights.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Aimpoint
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm content with the 2-600m standard sight.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Zeroed the Holland sight at 100 yards today. I was thinking of opening the aperture a little but it was working well as is.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:23:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Zeroed the Holland sight at 100 yards today. I was thinking of opening the aperture a little but it was working well as is.
View Quote
It's supposed to be zeroed for 250m. This permits it to be useful holding over or under well beyond 300m. It's not of much use, otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm fine with the standard tangent sight for fixed-butt models, but I like to open them up to ghost ring dimensions, about 5mm.

It'd be nice if they made Hythe-style apertures that were the right height for metric closed ear gas block front sights and were suited for use on metric rear sight bases.  That would be the best option.  I may see if a machinist can make some one day for my ultimate build.  If you got the Indian aperture but made the cutout on the bottom for the base centred, and replaced the tombstones with a Hythe-style set of the proper height, you'd be GTG.  

I don't care much for the para fixed aperture sight.  Better than the DSA A2-style rear sight, though.
View Quote
I'd like a hythe style sight. I'd probably like the DSA para tactical if it didn't have the stupid A2 drum. If it had an A1 adjustment or just relied on the FAL screw adjustments I'd be okay with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:44:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I haven't tried all of them, but I really like the DSA hooded rear sight that just replaces a standard rear sight. I drilled the aperture out to a slightly larger size.
View Quote
I'm guessing DSA doesn't make them any more, but I could always take a regular aperature and install a hood myself.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:49:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, I ordered the standard 200-600 meter sights. Hopefully I like them so I don't have to change them out again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd like a hythe style sight. I'd probably like the DSA para tactical if it didn't have the stupid A2 drum. If it had an A1 adjustment or just relied on the FAL screw adjustments I'd be okay with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you considered the 2-position rear sight?  Has protective ears and flips between the 150m and 250m apertures.  Adjusts for windage using the standard windage screws.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have you considered the 2-position rear sight?  Has protective ears and flips between the 150m and 250m apertures.  Adjusts for windage using the standard windage screws.
View Quote
The para was one of the models that I was looking at. If I don't like the 200-600, I'll try the para model.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's supposed to be zeroed for 250m. This permits it to be useful holding over or under well beyond 300m. It's not of much use, otherwise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for your input! 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I happen to have a C1A1 sight in the EE right now for sale if you decide you still want one. ;)
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Venezuelan diopter sight
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Folding Inch.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Para on all mine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I ordered the Para sight on all of my DSA rifles.  I really liked it, and unlike most ... preferred the A2 windage knob version.

I don't have any DSAs now, and can't bring myself to change the sight on my preban SAR-48.  If I did change it ... it would be the A2 Para.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Hythe on three of mine, the rest are standard. 

All work.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hythe on three of mine, the rest are standard. 

All work.
View Quote
Always wanted to try a Hythe, but couldn't stomach the cost.

I pulled my SAR48 last night since I hadn't handled it in a long time.  After recently running a few dry house clearing drills with a SCAR - I thought it would be interesting to see how the FAL performed.

As can be expected, its long / heavy / unwieldy compared to a SCAR, but the real issue was seeing through the rear aperture in low light.  I have the same issue with KAC 600m rear sights so it may be my middle aged eyes, but if I were going to "use" this rifle I think I'd have to open the rear sight up a little or I wouldn't' be functional at dusk/dawn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top