Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2017 2:48:25 AM EDT
Has anyone else had problems signing up to Falfiles recently? Ive been waiting over a week for a mod approval and its says its supposed to take 24 hours. Ive seen online that people in the past have had trouble getting approved to post there. Does anyone have some advice on how I can help the process along?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard about there being issues for a couple of years now.  I signed up before it was ever an issue, so I'm not sure what the solutions are.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I quit even going to falfiles a few years back.  They spent too much time with BS.

There was a couple guys that it seemed no one else liked and they'd post stupid shit and then there was 8 or 10 guys that would bust their balls over it and it would turn into comments about each other upbringing, job performance, honesty/integrity and sexual preferences.

Finally decided it wasn't worth the drama and quit visiting the forum.  I have no idea if it's improved since then but it doesn't sound like it's a great place to try to visit/join if they haven't got it together yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the best resource out there for Fal stuff imho. There is some more drama and less mods there than other sites. The EE is well worth it to be a member.

I had a lot of trouble signing up too a few months ago. It took me about 6 months I think. I made one account and nothing happened so I tried emailing the admin and got no response. I got annoyed and eventually made another account. I kinda gave up when nothing happened again. Then randomly a few weeks later my one account got approved.

You can try emailing gun plumber (Arizona response systems) he's quite active over there. I told him my problems and I think he may have assisted in getting my account approved.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Ill try emailing Gunplumber.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Been trying to get my password reset for about 2 years.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, Ill try emailing Gunplumber.
View Quote

I wouldn't do that if I were you.  Mark has nothing to do with the running of the FALFiles.  W.E.G. is the administrator who does the most right now due to Jen's ambivalence. I'll try to track down his email and PM it to you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be great! Thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#8]
All pending registrations approved.

Check your email for notification, and follow the instructions in the email to validate your registration.

Sorry for the delay.

The "one-week" thing is only aspirational. Not so much reality.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All pending registrations approved.

Check your email for notification, and follow the instructions in the email to validate your registration.

Sorry for the delay.

The "one-week" thing is only aspirational. Not so much reality.

Cheers!
View Quote
Dammit Jeter! 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#10]
never mind.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I beg to differ W.E.G., I'm JebB and have been waiting at least 2 months.  Just checked and I cannot post.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:47:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I beg to differ W.E.G., I'm JebB and have been waiting at least 2 months.  Just checked and I cannot post.
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, is it a registration problem or something else?

Forrest
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't know, Forest.  I was a contributing member for several years then my password wouldn't work so I rejoined under a new handle, got a password and that's were it sets to this day.  I really enjoy the site as FAL's are my passion, I have 11, 4 of which are kit guns.  I guess I'll just keep lurking and hope someday I'll be able to post.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I just joined up, could have sworn I already had an account there.

Hopefully I get approved quickly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Just checked, I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try it now.

The admin control panel showed you as "awaiting email confirmation."

I flipped it to "registered" manually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top