Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2016 7:12:02 PM EDT
I placed an order for a couple of mags back in September and have yet to get them. I've called and left a few messages. Anyone know what's up or what the turnaround time is?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
He posted in a thread on Falfiles a few weeks back that he was swamped and that his business partner left for a new job which put them further behind. Sucks, I was about to order some more mags until I saw that, guess I'll wait.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that's unfortunate.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it for L1A1 mags ?

Mine did not work !
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
They should work, my century has an inch cut magwell and moses mags work flawless in mine. Just have to file the tab until they "click" easily with no play.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#6]
They are supposed to be metric and inch compatible?  I'm needing metric for my DSA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So I placed an order for some Moses mags a few weeks ago. I never received an order confirmation and have already been billed for the mags. I sent an email and never got a reply. Is this typical? Already regretting the purchase and wish to cancel.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Johnny is good peeps and if he isn't responding it is because he is trying to fix something problematic.

His mags are worth a bit of a wait.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Moses is neither speedy nor good at communications but does eventually come through.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a thread on the Files about this same topic... apparently Moses has a lot going on right now and has gotten pretty backed up. I've got a mag order from mid October that hasn't been filled yet, but I trust I'll get them eventually.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]
My order was placed September 6th. Still waiting.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it even possible to cancel the order at this point? Don't feel like waiting 6 months for some mags.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Dunno.  Sounds like he can go silent when he has personal issues as appears to be the case.  I know DSA is waiting on a sizeable order from him.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Best chance to get ahold of him might be on the FALfiles forum, he posts quite a bit on there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm just worried because I have no proof that I placed an order with him. No order receipt or anything,  just the cost deducted from my credit card.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best chance to get ahold of him might be on the FALfiles forum, he posts quite a bit on there.
View Quote

Normally that would be true but he has been MIA there since early November too...

I wish that I had a worthwhile suggestion about contacting him...

Forrest
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Placed an order back on 12 October. Sent him an email on the 24th with an inquiry and heard back from him on the 25th and 26th. After that he seemed to have disappeared. I've tried contacting him via email, facebook and phone. No luck.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Back in July 2014 (yes, over two and a half years ago), I placed an order for two of his Hurricane muzzle devices and two brakes that he never shipped.  This was about $250 worth of items paid for with a combination of Paypal and a USPS money order.  It was at a time when his folks were very sick and he needed to divert his attention to them.  I understood.  I was in no hurry.  Family always comes first.  Every couple of months, I'd email him about my order so he wouldn't forget.  He'd reply and promise me that he would get right on it and have them shipped soon.  Sometimes, he'd email me saying he didn't forget about my order, that he was still having issues with his family, and I should expect my parts within a week or two.  Never happened.  I've since given up on him and have written off my expense.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm just worried because I have no proof that I placed an order with him. No order receipt or anything,  just the cost deducted from my credit card.
View Quote

I did get email confirmation with my order. I'll call today and see if I can get ahold of him.  It's about time for my monthly call.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Dang I didn't realize he was so backed up, I was looking at picking up a few for my RFB.  I've heard they work great with a little sanding on the rear ribs to get them to fit the RFB magwell...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:35:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I sent him another email to cancel the order. I'll also try calling him. If I still don't hear from him in another week, I'll contact my credit card and dispute the charge. Some of you guys have way more patience than me when it comes to poor customer service.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I sent him another email to cancel the order. I'll also try calling him. If I still don't hear from him in another week, I'll contact my credit card and dispute the charge. Some of you guys have way more patience than me when it comes to poor customer service.
View Quote

He's basically just one guy now.  It would be nice if he put up a notice on the site saying that he's not taking new orders until he's caught up or something...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
By the way, there's a similar thread on falfiles (in the Reviews; products, services and sellers section) about this situation too.  I don't think that there's anything there that will help resolve this problem, but it's there anyway.

I have met Johnny (years ago) and liked him very much.  It's so sad to see this situation develop.

For what little it's worth, I hope for the best resolution possible for all those involved...

Forrest
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He's basically just one guy now.  It would be nice if he put up a notice on the site saying that he's not taking new orders until he's caught up or something...
View Quote

I would feel more comfortable if I at least received any sort of order confirmation. Only proof that I placed the order is the charge on my credit card. If I wait much longer I won't even have the option to dispute the charges. I wish I did more research before placing the order, but I'm not going to wait 6+ months for mags that I may or may not ever receive. I will let everyone know if I'm able to get a hold of him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I can verify Moses is dealing with some personal issues.

Yes, you're having to wait.  It's not by choice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can verify Moses is dealing with some personal issues.

Yes, you're having to wait.  It's not by choice.
View Quote

Taking orders and charging customers when he is unable to ship the items in a timely manner is inexcusable. Personal issues are his problem. They should not be his customers' problems.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Taking orders and charging customers when he is unable to ship the items in a timely manner is inexcusable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Taking orders and charging customers when he is unable to ship the items in a timely manner is inexcusable.

Thats true..

Quoted:

Personal issues are his problem. They should not be his customers' problems.

...but sometimes it isnt just that easy to do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I get really tired of hearing the "personal issues" excuse.  Its ALWAYS the excuse too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]
This sucks, I was looking to buy 10 or so fde mags. He mentioned months ago that he was going to make a run of clear/smoke mags too but I doubt that will ever happen...
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:30:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get in on a custom Entreprise FAL receiver group buy and you will see patience tried. Btdt
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personal issues are his problem. They should not be his customers' problems.

Business ain't easy, but tough shit. You want to stay in business? Don't pull shenanigans like those featured in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered something from him maybe seven years ago, and it seemed to have taken forever to receive it.  It was exactly as described, but dang it sure wasn't worth the hassle of waiting.

Doesn't sound like the situation has improved any.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I had been communicating with Moses through text messages and he came through and shipped my mags. I received them yesterday and they are nice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I had been communicating with Moses through text messages and he came through and shipped my mags. I received them yesterday and they are nice.
View Quote

Did he shed any light on his situation or outlook on future orders?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Judging by the FAL Files thread, it looks like the threat of a credit card chargeback is the surest way to get your mags.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Said he has been ill the past two months and in the hospital. Told me he was just finishing a batch and would include my order in it. I was told a few times that they would be "shipping tomorrow" and then wouldn't hear anything for days. I kept hounding him and they finally did ship.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Judging by the FAL Files thread, it looks like the threat of a credit card chargeback is the surest way to get your mags.
View Quote

I never threatened a charge back, just told him to cancel my order and refund my money several times before they finally shipped. Though I was getting close to contacting my credit card company and would not have hesitated to do it. He was actually relatively easy to get in touch with via text messaging. I'm happy to be done with this and don't plan on ordering anything else from him unless he drastically improves his ship times. I'm honestly surprised I got the mags. Can't wait to shoot them, they do feel very nice!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Well according to recent posts on the main thread about this on FALfiles, Moses passed away on December 31st, If it's true that would explain a lot of this mess.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410317&highlight=Moses&page=4
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well according to recent posts on the main thread about this on FALfiles, Moses passed away on December 31st, If it's true that would explain a lot of this mess.

View Quote

Not the right Johnny...

Forrest
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then who answered the phone today? Zombie magazine dude!!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Then who answered the phone today? Zombie magazine dude!!!!
View Quote

At this point that seems about as likely as Johnny answering the phone himself!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#44]
supposedly my mags will be on their way next week...

I wouldn't normally be this patient, but I closed out the card I had used and am no longer with that bank so.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I wish Moses would just work out a deal with Magpul to manufacture and distribute his magazines.
License them the design and sell them the molds and just sit back and collect royalty checks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wish Moses would just work out a deal with Magpul to manufacture and distribute his magazines.
License them the design and sell them the molds and just sit back and collect royalty checks.
View Quote
Or Magpul could just, you know, make FAL mags...
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be good with either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
supposedly my mags will be on their way next week...

I wouldn't normally be this patient, but I closed out the card I had used and am no longer with that bank so.....
View Quote
curious if they showed up??
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
curious if they showed up??
View Quote
Aside from Johnnie's brief proof-of-life post on FAL Files, it looks like it's back to business as usual. Good luck getting anything.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top