Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2016 2:27:24 PM EDT
Looking at the one at aim surplus. What is your guys thoughts? I had a factory dsa fal before and it was not that great.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking at the one at aim surplus. What is your guys thoughts? I had a factory dsa fal before and it was not that great.
View Quote

What was wasn't great about it?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I like mine pretty well. Wish I had got the 21 inch version instead but oh well. Haven't really had any issues with mine just yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 2:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I doubt they got any better...   I think they are pretty much built to a spec these days knowing most people won't shoot them more than 200 rounds a year.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The one I had before literally was shaking the screws loose on it. I would shoot a couple 100 rounds and then would have to tighten stuff back up. Wasn't really fond of that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the 21 inch, but thats just me.  Dont have any issues but i havent put thousands of rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one I had before literally was shaking the screws loose on it. I would shoot a couple 100 rounds and then would have to tighten stuff back up. Wasn't really fond of that.
View Quote

What screws?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Handguard screw, pivot screw where the upper and lower pivot. Had a roll pin fall out of the charging handle where the cooking knob is. I wasn't all that impressed with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Handguard screw, pivot screw where the upper and lower pivot. Had a roll pin fall out of the charging handle where the cooking knob is. I wasn't all that impressed with it.
View Quote

I remember the roll pin issue. The manufacturer of the charging handles oversized the hole on a run of them. They replaced them for free. I just used a larger roll pin to fix the one I had. The screw loosening is common on FALs and is solved with a little purple loctite. The hinge pin is usually solved by increasing the gap in the split threaded end a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top