Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 9:41:42 AM EDT
Hello....

Starting the search for a new SBR and came across this one.. Now I can't find many reviews and the ones I do find state the barrel isn't long enough for the .308 caliber. I spoke with DSA and they told me it might be better to get a 13" just because the 11" is a chore to shoot with the flame and compression. Now this will be a cabin fun gun, not shooting long range or anything. So does anyone have reviews on this?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an 11 in OSW, I really wish it was a 13. Its cool and fun, but even at 11 inches, its as long as a regular AK, but can shoot heavier bullets. its very loud. it runs with anything. and is actually pretty accurate with the 130 SOST rounds. I tool the folder off of it, its more fun with a standard lower. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't honestly. Id just get a 13-14 in AR10 if I wanted a 308 SBR
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I will tell you what I have found on my search. I have been interested in building a OSW personally for the last few months.

Most say that the 11" is pretty impressive when it comes to flash and concussion. A few inches of barrel will help a little bit in calming it down.

I personally have my mind set on the 11", mainly as I like the aesthetics of the 11" vs the 13".

I figure due to the cost of 308 it isn't something I will be hammering away with all the time and that in my mind is what has made me settle on the 11" flamethrower.

Now onto those saying the barrel isn't long enough for 308, they are sort of correct. You are losing a good bit of velocity and turning it into unburnt gases which then combust outside the muzzle, which is where the concussion and flash comes from.

There are a few on this board that have SBR FALs. Hopefully they will be along to give first hand insight.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an 11 in OSW, I really wish it was a 13. Its cool and fun, but even at 11 inches, its as long as a regular AK, but can shoot heavier bullets. its very loud. it runs with anything. and is actually pretty accurate with the 130 SOST rounds. I tool the folder off of it, its more fun with a standard lower. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't honestly. Id just get a 13-14 in AR10 if I wanted a 308 SBR
View Quote

Any pics of that gal?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top