Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2016 5:53:12 PM EDT
Looking for a locking flap and bungee style pouches that will work with the DSA FAL 30 Round Mags.

Desired Features:

- MILSPEC durability or better
- MOLLE
- Fastex type buckle flap (no velcro only flaps) pouches that will hold 2 mags
- MULTICAM / Ranger Green / Black / Grey would be sweet too!

Anyone know if Tactical Tailor's (or anyone else's) AK pouches would work (I have a call into them).

Not looking for anything old school cause I'm a new school fool...

Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you'll have a tough time finding something "new school" for magazines of that type.  Best I can think of are the Canadian Pattern 82 C2A1 magazine pouches, which hold two 30-rounders with an internal divider and straps to aid pulling them out.  Pouches are fully enclosed and made of modern materials with waterproofing.  They can be adapted to MOLLE in one of two ways; one is by cutting up the Velcro straps for belt attachment so that they can be used with MOLLE; the other is to cut out the plastic part for use on the Pattern 82 belt, replace with ALICE clips and use an ALICE to MOLLE adapter.  They come in a very dark olive green colour, typically.  There are a couple of vendors selling them cheap right now.  Enclosure is similar to that use on pouches that are part of the M1956 system (plastic loop on the pouch that goes through a plastic slot on the flap with a web strap attached to the flap going through the loop with an extra piece stitched on to keep the fastener from becoming undone accidentally; IMO it's fast and quiet to use).

I think the AK stuff and 35-40 round 5.56 stuff is too narrow for use with these magazines.  Probably depends on the manufacturer.  I know that the South Africans made pouches that could be alternately used for magazines for 7.62X51, 7.62X39, and 5.56X45 weapons, like on their Pattern 83 webbing (which doesn't meet your specs otherwise, though).

Not my ad but worth checking out at $6 a pop.  Might get some for my BM59 mags.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-Military-7101-Long-FN-C2-Pouch-Mag-Pouch-Webbing-New-82-Pattern-1343-/151903299807?hash=item235e2468df:g:a1cAAOSwhglTxrwK
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
HSGI needs to make a Taco "Grande".
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you'll have a tough time finding something "new school" for magazines of that type.  Best I can think of are the Canadian Pattern 82 C2A1 magazine pouches, which hold two 30-rounders with an internal divider and straps to aid pulling them out.  Pouches are fully enclosed and made of modern materials with waterproofing.  They can be adapted to MOLLE in one of two ways; one is by cutting up the Velcro straps for belt attachment so that they can be used with MOLLE; the other is to cut out the plastic part for use on the Pattern 82 belt, replace with ALICE clips and use an ALICE to MOLLE adapter.  They come in a very dark olive green colour, typically.  There are a couple of vendors selling them cheap right now.  Enclosure is similar to that use on pouches that are part of the M1956 system (plastic loop on the pouch that goes through a plastic slot on the flap with a web strap attached to the flap going through the loop with an extra piece stitched on to keep the fastener from becoming undone accidentally; IMO it's fast and quiet to use).

I think the AK stuff and 35-40 round 5.56 stuff is too narrow for use with these magazines.  Probably depends on the manufacturer.  I know that the South Africans made pouches that could be alternately used for magazines for 7.62X51, 7.62X39, and 5.56X45 weapons, like on their Pattern 83 webbing (which doesn't meet your specs otherwise, though).

Not my ad but worth checking out at $6 a pop.  Might get some for my BM59 mags.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadian-Military-7101-Long-FN-C2-Pouch-Mag-Pouch-Webbing-New-82-Pattern-1343-/151903299807?hash=item235e2468df:g:a1cAAOSwhglTxrwK
View Quote

This is pretty much the conclusion I've come to after researching/searching... thanks for the input.

I'll probably have something custom made.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
HSGI needs to make a Taco "Grande".
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I think regular HSGI tacos will work. I use them with 25 round pmags for my AR10, but a taco grande would be funny.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think regular HSGI tacos will work. I use them with 25 round pmags for my AR10, but a taco grande would be funny.
View Quote

They make a Taco for the Surefire 60 and 100 round AR mags already. All they'd really have to do is put a compatible spine in that model taco instead of the tapered one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a guy on the FALfiles, 101ABN327, who makes chest rigs for FAL as well
as other types of magazines.

I think he can do a chest rig for the FAL 30 rounders.

We have two of his rigs and they are top quality.

Go to the FALfiles "Market Place" section to find the listing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top