Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2016 11:34:52 AM EDT
Just ordered my first FAL,  a DSA SA58, and I want to make it an Israeli clone. What is a good trustworthy site to get these at? DSA  and Apex are sold out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming it's a standard (light) barrel, you'll need what we refer to as the light barrel HG.   That's as opposed to the far more common heavy barrel HG.  Or you can use the HB HG by bending in the rear tabs- this is sometimes done because NOS HB HG are far less expensive and in excellent condition.

As for where to get the furniture, well the stocks are in the closet, first shelf, HB HG are on second shelf, right side, and the LB HG wood is in the garage being restored.  

You'll need a metal buttplate and small rear swing swivel as well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
So I found std and hb handguards and stocks at Sarco inc,  are those standard barrel and heavy barrel? Also the DSA website says it's a traditional barrel profile.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a set on GB right now
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Why yes there was.  Key word was

So the next question is this multi piece open gas tube going to be easy to swap out?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why yes there was.  Key word was

So the next question is this multi piece open gas tube going to be easy to swap out?
View Quote

Glad you got the stock set, it was NICE
If you have the short gas tube, NO. they are usually brazed on
You will probably have to swap the gas block
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah it is. Some one made me work for it though.

Is the gas block relatively easy to remove? Also would it be a reasonable idea to instead fabricate a dust cover for the exposed piston and spring?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top