BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2016 9:38:58 AM EDT

Hey
guys so I just bought my first FAL recently. It's a DSA Arms Para Tactical
16" with short gas system. I replaced the top cover with a scope mount
from DSA. I replaced the flash hider with an AAC 51T mount. I added a scope I
had laying around. The rifle came with a sling which was cool. I had the gas
plug modified by a member from FALfiles.com.
Stimpsonjcat welded the gas plug up and re-drilled the hole smaller. My rifle was over-gassed before for sure. With the new gas plug it runs great at the halfway mark for both suppressed and unsuppressed. I did notice a small problem with gas in the face coming out of the back of the upper receiver. So I'm thinking about trying to seal up the upper and lower receivers with some Silicone. But yeah I'm becoming a FAL fan for sure! My only other semi-auto 308 rifle is an HK-91, great rifle, very reliable, but it's a bit heavy and awkward to handle at times. The FAL has much better controls and is lighter and handier. The Hk is a little better suppressed though, with no gas in the face and I think it might be a tad quieter. I like the FAL scope mount much better though, rock solid! The Hk mounts kinda suck... I also like how easy this rifle is to take apart and clean compared to my HK. Both are still fantastic shooters of course. Oh and one thing I want to work on is the FAL trigger, why is it so freaking heavy!! Still got very good accuracy out of the rifle though, just had to do my part. You guys have any suggestions for a trigger upgrade? Thanks, Dave

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn that's a beautiful rifle
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
This guy is well regarded on FALfiles.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Awww hell...here come another 50 requests!

I still say we should try an even smaller gas plug hole.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This guy is well regarded on FALfiles.
View Quote

Umm...

There are some differing opinions on that, at least regarding his FAL work, from some of the most respected people on FALfiles.

He did a great job on my XCR trigger however.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I've read on the FAL files being well respected by those jerks isn't a ringing endorsement.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Bill Springfield did a trigger job on my PTR91 back in 2004.
It was great.

A couple years ago I recommended him and there were no positive comments about his work.
I guess his quality and customer service have fallen off in the past few years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top