Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2016 6:48:58 PM EDT
Bought my first FAL after many years of deliberation, my neighbor is an FFL who builds them and has quite a few parts kits but I never took the plunge. Found one locally and my first inspection didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling of "I have to have it" so I passed it up. Talked to my neighbor and he said I missed an opportunity as I was turned off by the tapco muzzle brake. I knew it was an IMBEL gear logo receiver but I thought it might be a Century gun and my lack of knowledge with FAL's is zilch. I wanted to either shoot it or have it inspected first but couldn't get either done.

Went yesterday and bought it and I  brought it right to my FFL to check it out and his verdict was I would have made quite the mistake not buying it. It is an all matching IMBEL parts kit on a PAC IMBEL gear logo receiver and not a century built gun. Paid 1k for it and she shoots beautifully. Could use a new park job but that's down the road, couldn't sleep last night either

I'll get some pictures later. He also gave me the correct metric brake for it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
double post sorry
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
welcome to the addiction....
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
you
must
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top