Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 12:56:47 PM EDT
Anyone have one?

Ive kicked around the thought of a 8" SBR 308 to let freedom ring.

Looks like you have this option or the G3PDW.

Thoughts? Pics are even better
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of those there SBR  FAL things. It is an Imbel kit that I used  a  8 or 9 in DSA barrels on it ( I can't remember the exact length right now). It is a tack driver out to 200 yds and one barking son of a gun. I do not have any pics on my phone or work computer at this moment, but maybe when I get home, I can post  pic or two. I love that thing and thought about a folding stock for it, but I like the full stock as it is. Just do it...you will like it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of those there SBR  FAL things. It is an Imbel kit that I used  a  8 or 9 in DSA barrels on it ( I can't remember the exact length right now). It is a tack driver out to 200 yds and one barking son of a gun. I do not have any pics on my phone or work computer at this moment, but maybe when I get home, I can post  pic or two. I love that thing and thought about a folding stock for it, but I like the full stock as it is. Just do it...you will like it.
View Quote

This is why I love .308, minimal loss of accuracy even with a loss of velocity.

But, they are thumpers. If you've ever shot an SBR FAL full auto...Gottdamn!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
FAL is fun, but not very compatible with optics. You can mount them, but it is fundamentally inferior to a flattop AR.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FAL is fun, but not very compatible with optics. You can mount them, but it is fundamentally inferior to a flattop AR.
View Quote

to me they are equal in ease of mounting optics.

BTW, I would love to have a shorty FAL flame thrower!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Love mine!

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Shortest FAL I have ever shot was a DSA OSW (with the happy switch). That is as short as I would ever want to go on a FAL. TOO LOUD.

That said, it was more controllable than the SBR B&T TP9 on full auto.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shortest FAL I have ever shot was a DSA OSW (with the happy switch). That is as short as I would ever want to go on a FAL. TOO LOUD.

That said, it was more controllable than the SBR B&T TP9 on full auto.
View Quote

Interesting that it was that controllable

DSA doesn't make the OSW length guns in pistol form.... Well atleast not listed and I cant find any in the wild besides the 8".

The 11" OSW would be pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a shop that came out for a number of the old Bullet fests that had a full auto shorty FAL. The one year we set up next to them and damn that thing was a thumper! That and the short barreled 1919.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I posted in DS arms industry forum asking why they don't offer the 11" or 13" OSW in pistol form.

I wonder if they could build me one that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

11" from the looks of it?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I posted in DS arms industry forum asking why they don't offer the 11" or 13" OSW in pistol form.

View Quote

Ask Atlantic Firearms. I asked something similar once and they said they might be able to do it IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ask Atlantic Firearms. I asked something similar once and they said they might be able to do it IIRC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thatd be cool if we could work something out, Ive bought from them before as well. Their pricing is better , atleast for the 8"

Ill shoot them an email.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#14]
The last time I looked Atlantic Firearms had a "pistol" version with the arm brace on their website.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Build your own

DSA has a chopped barrel front end from STG58 with about 8" on it for $50
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the 11" DSA  OSW and I like it. With the stock folded it is 23" in length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top