Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2016 5:58:05 PM EDT
I am helping a friend to price and sell some inherited FALs. She has several prebans and one CAI parts gun? My FAL knowledge is limited and I just want to make sure she doesn't get ripped off. I will hopefully be able to get some pics up tonight.

I think that this is just a Century parts gun.

Here are a couple South African.

A couple Belgian made. I think 50.63 and I'm not sure about the .308 Match?

This one is pretty neat. Swarovski 6x42 scope.

Thanks again for any information.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in Oregon?   I would suggest FALfiles.com but approval is taking months.   You can search for info though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I would start by looking through the FAQ's and Stickys posted on the FALFILES regarding identification and posting some pictures here or at least describing in detail what she has inherited.  It will all come down to who made it and what parts are in it.  At a minimum you will start to get replies and some idea here if you post pictures of the markings on both sides of the lower and upper receiver, the bolt and bolt carrier, and unscrew/remove the hand guards and take pictures of all of the markings on the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
List the stuff he has and maybe we can help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you get some close ups of each receiver and its markings? It would help give you a value, I am really liking that South African Fal and that Para. What method is she going to use to sell them?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Please put a piece of glass smeared with vasoline in front of the lens. We are getting way too much detail in those fine pics that you posted.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
This is like asking us to give you the value of cars sitting in a showroom while driving by at 60 mph.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could inherit something like this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice haul , but need some clear close ups to give your feedback.

That beat up Inch pattern looks like those old Tapco parts kits that sold for $99.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice collection!!

Every receiver I could read said Fabrique National which means original and not a parts kit to me.  Value is over my head like $2500 - $4500 maybe.  I'd definitely identify each rifle and research the recent selling prices and they will be more in the USA than other countries where they are legal probably.

The all wood "South African" picture looks like L1A1's or inch guns to me.

Make sure you know what is capable of full auto fire too, and be careful who you let know about it.  You may need tax stamps.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Those are some mighty fine detailed pics OP.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the information so far. Yes, I know I need better photos, there were so many guns I wore the battery out on my digital camera. She is a motivated seller, but she doesn't want to get ripped off either. I'll try to get more pics maybe this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm digging the L1A1.   It's on a Brit-cut receiver but who's?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Not sure about the first two but the others look like FN made FALS so $2000 to maybe $3500.

Need higher quality pics with lots of close up detail.
Especially receiver markings and internal pics of chamber and bolt face.
Clean them up really well because it looks like the need some TLC.

They would be more appealing if the scopes were removed and original
top covers replaced. Also the FN with the long flash hider needs a rear sight.

Top covers and a rear sight would be easy to get and really help with re-sale.

How does she want to sell them?

She might have good luck selling them here on Arfcom.

Market place on the FAL Files would be good too.

Is she willing to put them on Gunbroker?

Cabela's might buy them as a lot.

Which one are you going to buy ?????

I just bought another FAL or we would be talking about one of those maybe.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure about the first two but the others look like FN made FALS so $2000 to maybe $3500.

View Quote

If the OP updates pics it would be great but $2000 won't touch the FN receiver rifles.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If the OP updates pics it would be great but $2000 won't touch the FN receiver rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guns South marked 50.00 model Serial #2505186 sold for $1999.99 plus tax from Cabelas in Buda TX in NRA excellent condition. I saw a mint in box one a few months earlier at the gun show for $2300 with nice deep plumb colored factory stocks. As interest in them has declined they've come down quite a bit. If you don't mind relisting them on GB over and over for a year or so you might get $3000 eventually.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is like asking us to give you the value of cars sitting in a showroom while driving by at 60 mph.
View Quote

Forrest

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:10:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#20]
from what i remember and its been a while that one with the swarski scope is a kind of a rare piece.

also that the last pic has a argentine scope mount meant for a stanag scope. had one and they work great. the mount is worth around 100.00. it may be correct a correct scope mount on that para fal.

you have some nice pieces here.

that izzy havey barrel is missing the bipod that goes onto the muzzle area. that is a parts build. but it can be very very valuable. does the receiver have any israeli markings on it or a builders markings. those izzy kts with the heavy barrel if it done correctly have a charging handle that follows the carrier. that is a extremely hard build and requires a very very competent gunsmith to build it correctly. i took a look at it and it is just a normal fal receiver with the incorrrect charging handle for that build:

see here for a proper build: http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/store/fal-izzy/page-fal-izzy.shtml

but what puzzles me is that they used a real fn made receiver. the israeli barrels have a special thread pitch. who ever built that was a pro, or atleast knew what they were doing.

that british made fal marked "rfi" in the pics puzzles me. is there any marking what so ever for lithgow on it??? i have to ask. that is one very expensive build. you have a very very nice piece on your hands.

to be honest the fn built ones should go for around 2,500 and up. do not except less

the british one i would put at around 1750 to 3k but it needs a better breakdown to see if it was done correctly it looks like a very nice build. whoever built it really did their homework on the markings.

the cai one is around 800

para's 3k easy, thats a factory built para

that scope swarski is worth some bucks. sell it separately and include the mount with the scope. do not separate them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#21]
The two marked 1A1 and RFI (1971 and 1974 dated) are Ishapore Indian manufactured. Indian 1A1 rifles are rare in the US.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:00:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the information so far. I've been trying to learn about the FAL as fast as possible, but there's a lot to learn. The two stamped with R.F.I. should be Royal Factory Ishapore, and are to the best of my research are original? They have what looks like the sear cut receivers, no safety sear, and the safety selector only has two positions. So those are good to go, right?

Unfortunately, there are no extra parts. I recommended selling off the Swarovski STANAG scope & mount off of the 50.42 since it's more of a light machine gun than DMR. But she doesn't want to spend money on replacement parts.

I'd love to have the 50.63 Paratrooper but not at twice the price of a DSA, even the standard 50.00 is cool. I'll probably end up with the Century gun one way or another, how do I figure out who made the receiver on it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:11:51 AM EDT
[#23]
RFI is actually rifle factory Ishapore, and they look right from the photos. They are sear cut, but like all L1A1 rifles, were issued as semi autos.
The Century receiver is FM Argentina manufactured.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#24]
how in earth did he get a sear cut receiver into this country form india?

the only legal ones i know of are the browning imported ones that are on the c&r list from the atf.

if those are true india made fal's as in factory. we are talking some big dollars, just due to the rarity. you dont see those that often.

thats why i thought at first they may be a parts built l1a1. something does not seem right now.

also fn did make the orginal israeli fal's. they were surplused out whole in the after the war over there. there were piles of them. is that fn that it is the heavy barrel sear cut?????

I have to ask this because those were full auto but they were never imported into this country, due to being a machine gun.

I have to ask what country does she live in?

Where did this gentleman live???? they are common in europe.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
how in earth did he get a sear cut receiver into this country form india?

the only legal ones i know of are the browning imported ones that are on the c&r list from the atf.

if those are true india made fal's as in factory. we are talking some big dollars, just due to the rarity. you dont see those that often.

thats why i thought at first they may be a parts built l1a1. something does not seem right now.

also fn did make the orginal israeli fal's. they were surplused out whole in the after the war over there. there were piles of them. is that fn that it is the heavy barrel sear cut?????

I have to ask this because those were full auto but they were never imported into this country, due to being a machine gun.

I have to ask what country does she live in?

Where did this gentleman live???? they are common in europe.
View Quote

Circa 1993 Century brought in some Brit, Australian and Indian L1A1 rifles, and sold them to law enforcement officers. They are known as the LEO rifles, and were imported and sold legally as semi-auto rifles. They turn up on Gunbroker periodically.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#26]
From what I've been able to read, the heavy barrel FAL is a 50.42. There was also a 50.41 that had plastic furniture. They are a semi auto version of the FALO and this one is not sear cut.

My friends father lived in Texas, and she doesn't know the history on any of the guns. She inherited 50+ guns when her father passed and she already sold a bunch of standard ones to Cabela's but I thought that they were lowballing her too much on the FALs and a few Colt revolvers so I told here I'd help put her in contact with buyers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#27]
can you please take pics of the inside of the receivers with the bolt removed on each one.

seriously, this is very important, especially on the israeli one and the indian one.

just want to make sure it is legal, and not a sear cut one. i would cover your ass if i was you and double check this
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
From what I've been able to read, the heavy barrel FAL is a 50.42. There was also a 50.41 that had plastic furniture. They are a semi auto version of the FALO and this one is not sear cut.

My friends father lived in Texas, and she doesn't know the history on any of the guns. She inherited 50+ guns when her father passed and she already sold a bunch of standard ones to Cabela's but I thought that they were lowballing her too much on the FALs and a few Colt revolvers so I told here I'd help put her in contact with buyers.
View Quote

You're right about Cabelas, the best bet would be to put them on GB. They will all go quickly, and for better prices than any dealer will offer you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You're right about Cabelas, the best bet would be to put them on GB. They will all go quickly, and for better prices than any dealer will offer you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cabela's will only offer about 60% of what they estimate they can sell it for, less if they think they can get away with it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
can you please take pics of the inside of the receivers with the bolt removed on each one.

seriously, this is very important, especially on the israeli one and the indian one.

just want to make sure it is legal, and not a sear cut one. i would cover your ass if i was you and double check this
View Quote

What should I be looking for? The guns are in a different state and while my friend knows what end the bullets come out, she's not going to know a receiver from a bolt, nor how to take it apart to field strip it! Lol
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah well you are going to basically going to have to filed strip it!!!

what we are looking for is the ejector block and the receiver cut to see what type it is.

i have to be honest, if they do come up as sear cut and have a auto sear block in them, ummmm i would delete this thread very fast and deal with it.

with out paperwork you may end up cutting them up in pieces, the receivers it is.

I am not trying to get you ramped up and worried, but i would just do all of this to cover your ass

btw any person can disassemble a fal. they are stupid easy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#32]
here is what we are looking for:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sear+cut+fal&safe=off&biw=1252&bih=581&tbm=isch&imgil=DDO74iQtksMAPM%253A%253BYZEKC76QlcBByM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.calguns.net%25252Fcalgunforum%25252Farchive%25252Findex.php%25252Ft-164840.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=DDO74iQtksMAPM%253A%252CYZEKC76QlcBByM%252C_&usg=__4NNztX9Ik6dZymMop7VBbKD3e7w%3D&ved=0ahUKEwi_2_Oqz_3MAhXKrB4KHTBZBWYQyjcINg&ei=-QBKV__6FcrZerCylbAG#imgrc=DDO74iQtksMAPM%3A

this is the easy way to check:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314224

https://www.google.com/search?q=sear+cut+fal&safe=off&biw=1252&bih=581&tbm=isch&imgil=DDO74iQtksMAPM%253A%253BYZEKC76QlcBByM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.calguns.net%25252Fcalgunforum%25252Farchive%25252Findex.php%25252Ft-164840.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=DDO74iQtksMAPM%253A%252CYZEKC76QlcBByM%252C_&usg=__4NNztX9Ik6dZymMop7VBbKD3e7w%3D&ved=0ahUKEwi_2_Oqz_3MAhXKrB4KHTBZBWYQyjcINgei=-QBKV__6FcrZerCylbAG#imgrc=Ob2blY7IKnUHlM%3A

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Handy is wrong.  All commonwealth rifles are sear cut.  They were imported and sold to LE and many have now been resold to nonLE.  FALFILES is where you need to get your info.  Search for leo l1a1. They are fine.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Handy is wrong.  All commonwealth rifles are sear cut.  They were imported and sold to LE and many have now been resold to nonLE.  FALFILES is where you need to get your info.  Search for leo l1a1. They are fine.
View Quote

I had just registered for falfiles too, but there is conflicting info on there too. If she has to chop the receiver and sell those two off as parts kits, so be it. But if they are go to go and worth more due to the rarity, then that would be the preferable route.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#35]
They sell for 3k each.  I can't imagine cutting up 6k worth of guns because of misinformation.  They sell regularly on gunbroker and falfiles.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Gunbroker will be her best bet
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I would be interested in the 3 Belgian rifles as is
Get back to me on a package price I'm in WA would drive to OR meet at FFL dealer

The RFI rifles Indian these need to stay in OR state
They are probably century imported, check under the barrel near the muzzle  
Century import L1A1 rifles for Law enforcement, OR state does allow for private ownership of these $1500 to $2500

Now  Cabela's think about their offer, they have a lot of over head to cover operating costs employees etc
So they need  to make 30-40 % or if sits on the shelf for year maybe make 20%

Another thing to consider is who is your base buyer going to be?
How many guys have $500 to $1200 in their pocket  vs 2K to 6K considerably less guys have pockets that deep

One other point is how fast to want to sell these if you wait for a year or two might find that one guy that will pop for more

just random thoughts

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top