Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2016 7:49:32 PM EDT

This is a picture from a thread over in General Discussion. My question is does any company make a new rifle or how hard would it be to build a rifle like the heavy barrel that is third from the bottom in this picture?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That is an Izzy HB

If you are lucky you can find a parts kit that some one has had lying around. I would expect to pay $1000 or more just for the parts kit. The kits were $600 when normal FAL kits were $100.

Then you have to have it built. Izzy HB have a different thread pitch than normal barrels.

I have one and they are a beast to carry but easy on the shoulder
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is an Izzy HB

If you are lucky you can find a parts kit that some one has had lying around. I would expect to pay $1000 or more just for the parts kit. The kits were $600 when normal FAL kits were $100.

Then you have to have it built. Izzy HB have a different thread pitch than normal barrels.

View Quote

It's actually a Belgian FN-FALO.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is an Izzy HB

Yes, and it's missing the bipod.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
1 just listed similiar on the falfiles.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one just like it being built right now (all NOS parts) except mine is on an Imbel GL receiver.

You picked the most expensive one out of the whole bunch!

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one just like it being built right now (all NOS parts) except mine is on an Imbel GL receiver.

You picked the most expensive one out of the whole bunch!

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1 just listed similiar on the falfiles.
View Quote

At a not terrible price if I may add.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top