Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2016 5:15:42 PM EDT
Picking up my first FAL. It's a shooter, collector one will come later(wooden stock set on a L1A1/SLR). It is a 18" bush rifle, built on a early DSA type 2 upper, with a DSA aluminum lower. I had some questions for ya'all. i do know about FALfiles. Been waiting quite a while to be added.
1) Can anyone ID the maker of the barrel in the photos?
2) Is it possible or has anyone ever mounted a para receiver type rear sling swivel on a fixed stock FAL?
3) Opinions on scope rail;DSA or ARMS? I like the looks of the ARMS, but the DSA would match the finish.
4) Anyone running a Vortex 1x4 Viper or 1x6 Strike Eagle on their FAL? Thoughts if you are. Thanks gents.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice 16".

I bought a sling plate called a "Sling Thing" from the old FAL Guy website that goes between the stock and receiver. I think he got busted by BATFE though and dissappeared. Not sure where you would find one now...
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the Noveske flush mount QD swivel cup installed on the left side of the buttstock just behind the receiver.  I intend to install one on my new build, but I'm not sure that I want to put it in that spot.  I need to figure out what the best set-up for a tactical sling is, first.  Also under consideration is having it towards the rear, on the left side, or towards the rear on the right side.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Im not a fan of where the sling mount is located on a Para when using fixed sights.
T is most likely imbel not sure about the ne. I've had 3 different dsa scope rails with 3 different finishes.  
Was that the one for sale in the equipment exhange?

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I just now picked one up he had 5 left on fal files

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390238
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top