Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2016 3:55:07 PM EDT
Century FAL marked L1A1 on a Imbel receiver on an Australian or British (he could not remember which one) kit, 12 surplus mags 6 new 5 used and 1k Israelie surplus 308
750 for Fal
300 for 1k 308
balance for mags

he had one more for sale just could not buy both lol.  He had a friend that passed away and left him all his guns bought the FALs back in the 90's if I understood correctly and he had surefire comp mounted
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you did good brother. I have one just like it ! Runs great no issues . My rifle was built in 2000 or 2001 I paid 400 for it back then.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Imbel receiver is gtg.  demil parts kits are gtg.  Long as you got a good barrel (hopefully original, or at least a CL USA replacement), it's all good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
function checked with 5 rnds all is well.  Was told original barrel
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
$300 for 1K of Israeli 308 is a good deal but check the headstamp.  I recall reading of concerns a while back about the TZ headstamped Israeli rounds from the late 70's/early 80's that came from Sportsman's Guide back in the day.  I don't have any personal experience with the stuff but I pass this along FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
yep he went through it a pulled everything with a TZ on the head said when he shot them the TZ's had problems and had to shoot twice to get them to fire.  Still has 5k more might get some more.

Just read in another post that UE before the SN means British and it has a UE
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
UE means manufactured by Enfield.  Imbel receivers were generally metric although I believe Century did modify some to take inch magazines.  Check your magazines, Inch have a wide, welded ledge at the front, metrics have a small beak.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell I wish I had someone around me selling surplus 7.62x51 at .30 cpr :(

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yep he went through it a pulled everything with a TZ on the head said when he shot them the TZ's had problems and had to shoot twice to get them to fire.  Still has 5k more might get some more.

Just read in another post that UE before the SN means British and it has a UE
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
He said the receiver had been modified to accept metric or inch mags and yes I think I am going to line up some more ammo from him
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#10]
TZ from the 80/81 was the bad stuff btw.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Generally the Century Inch cut Imbels will have some combination of inch cuts; charging handle cut for the folding handle, tab notches for the tabbed inch receiver covers, and the inch mag well cut.    Some will have some of the cuts but often left with the metric beak type magwell cut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top