Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2015 10:23:35 AM EDT
I used to own a cheap tapco scope mount but I'm now looking for something better.
Between DSA and ARMS I'm probably going for the latter..
The only cons I've read about is the fact the gun cant be fully stripped without removing the mount as well due to the tab on  the rear...
I've also read something about cutting/removing that tab.. Can you give me more info about this mod?

Thanks
F.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Only tab I'm aware of on a dust cover is for the Para model which can be ground off if the receiver is not cut for it. The tab being on the top front of the cover. You shouldn't have to
worry about any tab with the DSA or ARMS mount, I only have personal experience with DSA, I have 2 of the Para mounts and one standard and they are all solid and reliable.
I do remember some complaints about the ARMS mount not having a wide enough ejection port, but your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple of the ARMS and DSA RAILED cover mounts.
On my ARMS mounts, the Para tab I cut off is at the rear of the topcover, DSA's Para piece is removeable.
I like them both. Both are solid and work great for me.

I like the ARMS mount because I can remove it(slide it off) and it is VERY LOW PROFILE, lighter than DSA mount.
Negatives are, no DSA bag type brass catcher attachment.

I like the DSA mount because I can attach the 3BUCC brass catcher and it is Solid.
Negatives are, more difficult to remove, scuffs receiver after years of installation and higher sight plane, heavier than ARMS.

On the ARMS MOUNT, I personnally just drill the rivet that attaches the Tab or cut it flush with the Top of the inside of the topcover.
I've done it both ways.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
So the tab on the ARMS mount is there just for the para rifles isnt it?
Unless it helps keeping the mount firmato in place it can be removed without issue if used on a non-para rifle right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I use them on my NON Para FAL's.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I had used a non-para ARMS mount, and it definitely had a tab.

Also, the mount was shorter than the dust cover grooves.  Combined with that annoying tab, the mount would move back and forth on the receiver with every shot.

My FALs now all use DSA mounts.

It is possible that ARMS redesigned it in the past 15 years, though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 ARMS mounts and the fit tight on my FAL's. I also have at least 2 DSA mounts.
I like the ARMS because they are lighter, fit tight, removeable without fasteners and same return to zero, don't mar the receiver, and lower to the barrel than DSA's mounts.
I also cut the tab off my ARMS mounts so that the BCG is removeable.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:58:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 3 ARMS mounts and the fit tight on my FAL's. I also have at least 2 DSA mounts.
I like the ARMS because they are lighter, fit tight, removeable without fasteners and same return to zero, don't mar the receiver, and lower to the barrel than DSA's mounts.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

+2

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

doubletap
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I like both mounts but like the DSA most. Both work fine but the DSA lines up with the DSA handguards and I like the combo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top