Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2015 3:05:00 PM EDT
Due to some financial needs, I am thinking of selling some of my guns. I had a Century Stg-58 years ago. Never had any problems with it. I sold it & regretted it for a long time. Then I bought a DSA FAL on an Imbel parts kit. It is in like new condition, and I have never had any problems with any of my 7.62 X 51 ammo feeding through it. At the time I bought it, I lived in the country and had my own range. I could get out to about 250 yards with it. I probably put 200-300 rounds through it. It is a really nice rifle. Due to a really bad Heart Attack, we had to move back to town. No more range, so most of my rifles are safe queens, but that doesn't mean I never take them out of the safe and "play" with them from time to time. I am 61 years old and my eyes don't do so well with open sights anymore. I also have an M1A, with a Smith Enterprises scope mount and a very nice scope on it. This rifle is a tack driver for me. I sold the M1A once, and when the guy I sold it to lost his job, I bought it back from him. The DSA/ Imbel FAL is the one I am thinking on selling. I have had it for several years, and the M1A since the mid 90s. What do you guys think, sell the FAL or not?

Thanks Much,

Mark
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously keep it if you can. It always pains me to sell a gun, even if I hate it.

Seems the prices on complete guns are pretty flat right now. Seems nobody has any dough.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I may be able to find a way to keep it.  I am working on $5,000.00 for hearing aides. The less I have to borrow, the better. My ears are getting progressively worse, especially in noisy places. I use ear plugs & head phones when I shoot. Was exposed to a lot of noise at work for 20 years, then, I'll plead guilty to shooting outdoors & hunting without hearing protection. Its been in the last 15 years that I started wearing it. Also, I am not getting any younger.

Thanks,

Mark
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the financial trouble all too well, had to sell some guns a few years ago when my wife's unemployment ran out, sold a broomhandle for $900 and I could get double that now, I would not sell unless your back is up against the wall, and if you do, DO NOT tell them you are selling it for the money or they will try to screw you, tell them you've been eyeballing a SCAR or something and want to put it towards it. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the financial trouble all too well, had to sell some guns a few years ago when my wife's unemployment ran out, sold a broomhandle for $900 and I could get double that now, I would not sell unless your back is up against the wall, and if you do, DO NOT tell them you are selling it for the money or they will try to screw you, tell them you've been eyeballing a SCAR or something and want to put it towards it. Good luck.
View Quote

+1, always try to negotiate from a position of "Eh, if I don't sell it, I don't care".

My .02
Doc
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you have any kids you could sell the gun to,  keep it in the family, or at least a family friend if you need to sell it.  I have so many rifles I never shoot but at least I have 3 boys that will take what they want when I no longer have a need for them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never understood the "never sell a gun" attitude. Unless it's something truly unique or collectible, you can always get another one later should you decide to.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold my FAL to fund the purchase of a Rockola M14F.

Love the M14F, but really miss the FAL !!

Give it to someone in your family
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Funny I was the last one to post in this thread.

Now I'm going to sell the M14F so I can buy back my FAL from
the buddy I sold it to.

He thought we were nuts for selling it to him in the first place.

I really, really like the M14F but not having an FAL left a hole in my soul.

The M14F never goes to the range but I will shoot the FAL all the time I'm sure.

Will post pics when I get it next month.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't shoot my FAL much,

But I love that damn gun.

I never had a interest in .308 due to pricing on ammo

But after shooting a FAL for the first time I had to have one
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Once out of NJ in a few weeks an FAL is at the top of my list of guns to buy
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, I may be able to find a way to keep it.  I am working on $5,000.00 for hearing aides. The less I have to borrow, the better. My ears are getting progressively worse, especially in noisy places. I use ear plugs & head phones when I shoot. Was exposed to a lot of noise at work for 20 years, then, I'll plead guilty to shooting outdoors & hunting without hearing protection. Its been in the last 15 years that I started wearing it. Also, I am not getting any younger.

Thanks,

Mark
View Quote

I assume you've checked your health insurance for hearing aid coverage first?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top