Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2015 7:53:54 PM EDT
Looking for a quick write up on FAL mags. I've been told that the FN Belgian made are the "most collectible". Don't know the validity to that statement but what's the skinny?
Are their markings to discern crap from quality?
Average price?
Which ones should I stick clear of?

I've got a DSA Para by the way
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the Steyr megs when they where super cheap.

I have not played with Moses mag but they look better than the thermolds.

Only mag that people are dissing I remember are the DSA 30rds metrics.  Unless they fixed that problem.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Military surplus mags in serviceable condition are excellent. As far as function is concerned, there is no difference in quality among the mil surp mags. Moses mags are gaining a good reputation for reliability. The DSA made mags are universally disliked because they simply don't function reliably nor do the Korean mags.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Surplus mags are the way to go.  Be weary as Korean mags look real close only the lock up area is rolled whereas the original area is milled.  I wouldn't buy new steel mags but the Moses mags work good in my rifles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got the Steyr megs when they where super cheap.

I have not played with Moses mag but they look better than the thermolds.

Only mag that people are dissing I remember are the DSA 30rds metrics.  Unless they fixed that problem.
View Quote

The Moses mags, IIRC, are made using the same polymer as PMAGs.  The quality is said to be rather good, and they are almost as light as the hiduminium magazines.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be the odd guy out....I have DSA mags...I did have some issues with the 30 round mags, but they went away when I changed out the followers to Falcon Arms or milsurp variety. Of course you shouldn't have to experiment with a new product, but my 30's work.  Never had a issue with the DSA 20's
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be the odd guy out....I have DSA mags...I did have some issues with the 30 round mags, but they went away when I changed out the followers to Falcon Arms or milsurp variety. Of course you shouldn't have to experiment with a new product, but my 30's work.  Never had a issue with the DSA 20's
View Quote

I agree on the 20-round DSA's...haven't gotten hold of any other size at this point.  I use them in a Kel-Tec RFB .308, and they function perfectly.  I don't think there's anything wrong with the 20-rounders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top