Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2015 6:28:34 PM EDT

Talks about the only two semi autos in 308/nato that are in his opinon worthy of DMR , was a little surprised the FAL made his very short list....and i love mine, just havent had much trigger time with her.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't surprise me he picked the M14, that was the rifle he was trained on. Ar10 are crap.

HDH.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Who cares?  His opinions are as much valid as his former employer James Yeager
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Funny thing is who cares what you think... But thanks for adding so much to the discussion. ;)

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Doesn't surprise me he picked the M14, that was the rifle he was trained on. Ar10 are crap.

HDH.
View Quote

Eh, Ar-10s are good. I wouldn't say they are crap. Very accurate platforms but the reliability department needs a little work. I wonder how many people there took big brand Ar-10s there instead of the cheapski builds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Funny thing is who cares what you think... But thanks for adding so much to the discussion. ;)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody.  But I don't go around pretending to be an expert
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But enough of an expert to say when someone isn't an expert?     .....remember this isn't GD
 He present his opinion from his experiances...sure I think he could of expanded his take on why he viewes the SCAR's in the negative but that wasn't the point of the vid.

Now if you have experiances that difer from the video I would enjoy hearing them....otherwise as I'm sure your mother told you.  "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything"

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Eh, Ar-10s are good. I wouldn't say they are crap. Very accurate platforms but the reliability department needs a little work. I wonder how many people there took big brand Ar-10s there instead of the cheapski builds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HDH.

Iv shot my nephews ar10 and man what a tack driver ( only at 100yrds 3 shots 1/4" with 2 in one hole) heavy beast with optics and bipod....but my FAL with same optics would be a tad heavier .   I'm not savy on the ar10, what are its weak points?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Iv shot my nephews ar10 and man what a tack driver ( only at 100yrds 3 shots 1/4" with 2 in one hole) heavy beast with optics and bipod....but my FAL with same optics would be a tad heavier .   I'm not savy on the ar10, what are its weak points?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HDH.

It's weak points are parts commonality. Every manufacturer pretty much makes their own standards with deviations in dimensions of the parts. Some might fit others, others might not fit some. If you plan on building one, it's best that you buy a receiver set and make sure each part is kosher with what you are building. And oil the everloving crap out of it. Most of the time, even when parts fit together perfectly, people don't put enough lube in it and the gun freezes.

Knights Armament's SR-25 is unarguably the best of the best in the 308 AR world, both in quality and reliability. If anyone here with half a brain know's what the best brand for ARs, it's KAC. There are also other brands of 308 ARs that work good, so it helps to look around and know what you want.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with the dude. I don't know this Reid guy, so I read his bio while I left the video playing in the background. His beliefs are very much in line with the school of thought from his time frame in the service. A decade of war has really proven that the M110 can hang. In fact it replaced the M14. Don't get me wrong, I love the M14 and the FAL. But they are cool for historical purposed and because they are fun. They've been overshadowed by this generation of 7.62s though in terms of accuracy and have been equaled in terms of reliability.

And as far as his assertion that an AR10 can't make it through a class without malfunctioning. I don't doubt him. He worked at Tactical Response before (wisely) leaving. Tactical Response students are the K-Mart shoppers of the firearms community, I'm sure he wasn't seeing a whole lot of quality equipment with dialed in users. My personal AR10 is pieced together by yours truly (not a gunsmith) but has never malfunctioned. Even in some pretty crap conditions. I trust it to go bang.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with the dude. I don't know this Reid guy, so I read his bio while I left the video playing in the background. His beliefs are very much in line with the school of thought from his time frame in the service. A decade of war has really proven that the M110 can hang. In fact it replaced the M14. Don't get me wrong, I love the M14 and the FAL. But they are cool for historical purposed and because they are fun. They've been overshadowed by this generation of 7.62s though in terms of accuracy and have been equaled in terms of reliability.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/sr338/DCC28351-DA03-4F5A-8061-0D88840FFED6-4504-000002CED932711D_zps51561429.jpg

And as far as his assertion that an AR10 can't make it through a class without malfunctioning. I don't doubt him. He worked at Tactical Response before (wisely) leaving. Tactical Response students are the K-Mart shoppers of the firearms community, I'm sure he wasn't seeing a whole lot of quality equipment with dialed in users. My personal AR10 is pieced together by yours truly (not a gunsmith) but has never malfunctioned. Even in some pretty crap conditions. I trust it to go bang.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/sr338/1C4F0863-AC80-4428-A290-DA005734BEAC-6969-0000074435C8B91F-1.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for making this post and I especially will agree with you strongly on the part of TR's students being K-mart shoppers of the gun world. Most of the time I keep thinking that they keep using budget Ar-10s or cheap versions.

Steve-Oh, good looking build right there. Could we get a picture of the entire rig?

Currently building my Aero Precision 308 Middy with the intent of it being able to take on Carbine Classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top