Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2015 8:45:02 PM EDT
I know nothing about FALs and this one was gifted to me.  I need some help identifying and getting a rough estimate of value.  The serial number on the Imbel receiver is 139xxx.

Receiver

Left side of barrel

Right side of barrel
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a non matching g1 kit
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Still looks pretty on a nice receiver.

I can't knock it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a G1 Kit build on a Century imported Receiver or It may be a Century G1 "build".

Its hard to tell without closer look at the whole thing up close, but someone could have built it from a G1 kit (and used a synthetic buttstock as G1 kits typically came with wood, but wood varied a lot and  synthetic replacements were common.

Century also used that style synthetic stock on their builds.  They were made at a time when Century's FAL building improved quite a bit and emerged passed the "drunken monkey's with hammers"  reputation.

The receiver itself is worth about $500, Kit by itself is about $400-500 together its about $1K give or take 20-25% based on the local market and demand.  My opinion.

If it works, its a fine firearm that looks great.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank your for the info!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Your gas plug looks to be Austrian (StG 58)
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the cocking knob aluminum in the raw. Is so its more than likely a century build.

I'm getting ready to destroy the rarest of all FAL,s a numbers matching Stg58 kit that was a  century build on a Hesse receiver !   I have had everything apart except the barrel. When I ordered it it even came with the flash hider zip tied to the trigger. It had a sleeve made for the threads and was silver solder on instead of being cut off..

I think someone at century built it for themselves but it got shipped for some reason
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the cocking knob aluminum in the raw. Is so its more than likely a century build.

I'm getting ready to destroy the rarest of all FAL,s a numbers matching Stg58 kit that was a  century build on a Hesse receiver !   I have had everything apart except the barrel. When I ordered it it even came with the flash hider zip tied to the trigger. It had a sleeve made for the threads and was silver solder on instead of being cut off..

I think someone at century built it for themselves but it got shipped for some reason
View Quote

Going to replace the Hesse with a matching serialed coonan???  Im considering that with my Entreprise kit, even though the receiver from them i about $100 cheaper
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Going to replace the Hesse with a matching serialed coonan???  Im considering that with my Entreprise kit, even though the receiver from them i about $100 cheaper
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Experience with Entreprise was good and bad.  I had a Pre-94 Inch, and that was a beutiful receiver.  Worked great, went together great.  No Problems.  in 2008, I got one of the Israeli receivers for an HB kit - The barrel threads were drilled several mm too low - the whole receiver was out of spec and not buildable - every smith I talked to said nothing could be done.  Entreprise said it was fine and "in spec" after returning it. Coonan I have built with and 2 for 2 they are good and no problems - Both were type 3 Coonans.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a older DS Arms receiver, I'm going to use. It consecutively numbered to the first SA58 I ordered.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]
"I'm getting ready to destroy the rarest of all FAL,s a numbers matching Stg58 kit that was a century build on a Hesse receiver ! I have had everything apart except the barrel. When I ordered it it even came with the flash hider zip tied to the trigger. It had a sleeve made for the threads and was silver solder on instead of being cut off."

What's wrong with it. I've got a century L1A1 built on a Hesse receiver that works first time every time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"I'm getting ready to destroy the rarest of all FAL,s a numbers matching Stg58 kit that was a century build on a Hesse receiver ! I have had everything apart except the barrel. When I ordered it it even came with the flash hider zip tied to the trigger. It had a sleeve made for the threads and was silver solder on instead of being cut off."

What's wrong with it. I've got a century L1A1 built on a Hesse receiver that works first time every time.
View Quote

Nothing runs perfect. I would rather have it on the DS Arms receiver. I have enough odds and ends parts to assemble a beater on the Hesse. From what I can tell the parts kit was not machined or the receiver either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top