Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2015 12:17:39 AM EDT
Anyone have an idea where to source a decent one?

I joined FalFiles but can't contact anyone until my account is fully active.

Not looking for anything I particular just have always wanted a FAL

I am going to get a coonan Type 1 receiver and sent it to Arizone response systems.

The classic FAL has always been what I want but I'm considering a Israeli para build.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Best bet is still Falfiles, but you can also try Gunbroker, or your local state forums, like CalGuns if you're in CA.

As to what a "decent" one is, you'll get answers that are all over the place.

It can go from the really nice, unused STG58's, to the beat to hell R1's and Rhodesians (which are my personal preference).

If you want to do an Israeli build, find out how close you actually want it to be. Do you just want izzy features, or do you really want an old izzy kit? If you just want a FAL rifle, you can build all sorts of features into it - won't be "correct" period or model stuff, but if it's a good shooter and fits you well, what the hell.

I'd wait until you get on the 'files and start seeing what's out there before you jump the gun. Also, it'll probably be cheaper to just buy an already built rifle than it would be to build your own. Or have it built.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Trying to avoid problems. From what if been reading DSA rifles are hit or miss. I'd rather spend extra for a good quality build from ARS.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Any of the major guys can be hit or miss - by major I mean shops like DSA, Entreprise, etc.

Good builders are Gunplumber, Sledgehammer, Moses, etc. Can't go wrong with any of those guys.

So, yeah, you have it right. Buy once, cry once, and talk to them. Listen to what they say and they'll build you a good weapon.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
There's an Israeli kit on falfiles but can't contact the guy. Also just saw the ACR stick adapter which looks sweet
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
seems I run interference quite a bit between arf and the files....pm me your contact info and I'll pass it on to the izzy kit seller, if you'd like.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks PM sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top