Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 2:53:25 AM EDT
Several years ago when FAL parts kits were cheap and plentiful, I was able to put 5 complete kits aside.  These kits all have the original barrels.  Now I've been thinking that I should sell a couple to finance getting the others built.  I just don't have any idea what parts kits w/barrels are going for these days.  Just what are they going for now?  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
400 and up, lots depends on what is exactly in the kit, numbers matching, condition, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
400 and up, lots depends on what is exactly in the kit, numbers matching, condition, etc.
View Quote

Really!  I guess that I will have to pull them out and see what condition they are in.  IIRC I have a couple of G1 kits from Tapco and the rest were from Dan's Sporting Goods.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Wrong info
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Wrong info
View Quote
Well, then feel free to post up the correct info.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Really!  I guess that I will have to pull them out and see what condition they are in.  IIRC I have a couple of G1 kits from Tapco and the rest were from Dan's Sporting Goods.

Vulcan94

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vulcan94

Do you remember what grade the Dan's kits are?

What I would also recommend is to head over to the Falfiles. If you post particulars and potentially some pics, you'll get some good responses. Chewed up Imbel kits are around 4, with rare kits like L2A1's going well over 2k.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What I would also recommend is to head over to the Falfiles. If you post particulars and potentially some pics, you'll get some good responses. Chewed up Imbel kits are around 4, with rare kits like L2A1's going well over 2k.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vulcan94

I don't remember what grade the kits are that I got from Dan's.  I suspect that they are not anything special.  I did swing by Falfiles.  Turns out that my membership was still active.  Just had to get them to email me my username.  

Edited to add:  I just pulled one out and the receipt was still in the box.  Looks like I paid for the hand select.

When I set these parts out to photograph, I noticed that the serial #'s on the bolt and the receiver stub match.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a similar kit from Dans 7 or 8 years ago.  It sat around and I had it built a couple years ago.  

I did not shoot it much because of the loose rear sight.  Added a 4x scope and a DSA top cover and it is a shooter.  

Mine looks like crap but shoots very well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Might be interested in one if you decide to sell.  I have a CAI FrankenFal that goes bang every time I pull the trigger, been thinking about adding a nicer one to the safe.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't remember what grade the kits are that I got from Dan's.  I suspect that they are not anything special.  I did swing by Falfiles.  Turns out that my membership was still active.  Just had to get them to email me my username.  

Edited to add:  I just pulled one out and the receipt was still in the box.  Looks like I paid for the hand select.

http://i57.tinypic.com/x37dih.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2jc7okz.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2vccgg1.jpg

When I set these parts out to photograph, I noticed that the serial #'s on the bolt and the receiver stub match.  

Vulcan94
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vulcan94

http://i57.tinypic.com/x37dih.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2jc7okz.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2vccgg1.jpg

Vulcan94

Sweet. That'll bring a good price. Nice kit. You just don't see them like that anymore.

I have two hiding in the garage from Dan's. Somewhere.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top