Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 11:29:35 PM EDT
I will probably add a DSA rail cover to mount a scope or eotech?  

It is one of the Chilean kits from several years ago.  

Any fixes on a loose rear sight?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an IMBEL kit. They made FAL's for Chile and a loose rear sight is common.

Remove the rear sight aperture from the base.
Slightly compress the sides of the aperture together in a vise until it's tight on the base.
Just compress a little bit at a time and check it until it's tight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a "z" spring under the aperture that should be helping the top part of the sight return to the same place after each shot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a "z" spring under the aperture that should be helping the top part of the sight return to the same place after each shot.
View Quote

The "Z" spring is underneath the base, not the aperture. The rear sight screws lock the base into place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll sit on my couch and be corrected.  Sorry.  I put mine in a vise to tighten it up and there is a spring that you release to slide it from close range to far and that helps it return to the same spot every shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top