Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 5:02:02 PM EDT
It's a DSA 18" para. I bought it off gunbroker. It was NIB and came with 6 surplus mags and 6 DSA mags. It's pretty sweet, it's lighter than I expected. I'm really looking forward to putting some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Recoil's gonna be lighter than you expect, too!

Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice.

Price?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks nice.

Price?
View Quote

I paid $1675 for it. It didn't seem like too bad of a deal with the included mags.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice Para. Congrats.

Please come back with a range report.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool!

I also would love to have a Para FAL.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I forgot to follow this up with a range report.  I got it out a couple of weeks ago and ran about 180 rounds through it.  This is my first FAL and I didn't get a manual with it. I watched some YouTube videos on how to break it down and how to adjust the gas settings. I got the gas setting right after a few rounds. It didn't take long to get the sights right too. It ran flawlessly with surplus mags, the DSA mags have certainly earned their reputation of being crap. I was shooting unsupported so I wasn't really shooting for groups, I was basically just getting familiarized with it. I was shooting some ZQI and some Prvi. The Prvi was noticeably more accurate than the ZQI.  The recoil seems significantly less than my PTR-91.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I forgot to follow this up with a range report.  I got it out a couple of weeks ago and ran about 180 rounds through it.  This is my first FAL and I didn't get a manual with it. I watched some YouTube videos on how to break it down and how to adjust the gas settings. I got the gas setting right after a few rounds. It didn't take long to get the sights right too. It ran flawlessly with surplus mags, the DSA mags have certainly earned their reputation of being crap. I was shooting unsupported so I wasn't really shooting for groups, I was basically just getting familiarized with it. I was shooting some ZQI and some Prvi. The Prvi was noticeably more accurate than the ZQI.  The recoil seems significantly less than my PTR-91.
View Quote

If you could have one would it be the fal or ptr
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:51:21 AM EDT
[#9]
The FAL can be a very nice rifle.  I bought one years ago.  We don't shoot it much but I did get it out a few month back and take it to the range.

Once again I was impressed by the trigger, the recoil and the way it feels/handles.  I always heard they have lousy triggers and kick worse than an M1A but that's not true, at least not for the one I bought.

You'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say the FAL. Each has its pros and cons though. The para fal seems lighter than the PTR, the recoil is lighter. The para is certainly more expensive than the PTR (but that's not really fair, a fixed stock FAL would be close in price),magazines for the PTR are cheaper.  I really can't say which ones more accurate, I really didn't try shooting for groups with the FAL. My gut is telling me the edge on accuracy might go to the PTR, we'll see next time I get them out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
.....magazines for the PTR are cheaper.  
View Quote

That is because you bought them at the wrong time. Surplus FAL mags were selling for like $2-5 each. I paid $100 for 10 NIB G1 mags thought that was to much
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:38:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I got my Israeli metric mag deal....back in the 90's.

Something like 50 for 50 at the SOF show in vegas.

Brand new....with the only annoying thing was removing all of the cosmoline.

that little event lead me to the FAL files.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top