Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2015 8:08:56 PM EDT
With the bolt carrier and top cover removed it closes shut, when the bolt carrier and top cover are installed it will not lock together when I fold together the upper and the lower.  What to look for as it has me absolutely stumped at the moment.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you try it with the dust cover and no bolt?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you try it with the dust cover and no bolt?
View Quote
Yep still had issues, I gave up on it for tonight I will take another look at it tomorrow.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]

nose or no nose?

New lower or is that the original lower that did work?

Could be the cover or the locking pin...

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Pulled it apart put it back together made sure it was seated fully and it closed.  No explanation as to why I had difficulty, but it was a pain in the proverbial ass.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, I had a helluva of time removing the dust cover on my G1 clone. Installed the DSA rail cover. No problems.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 3:23:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
nose or no nose?
View Quote

This.    If you're using a dust cover with a nose, and the receiver isn't cut for it, it won't work.  Or if the nose is bent or something and isn't fitting correctly.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.    If you're using a dust cover with a nose, and the receiver isn't cut for it, it won't work.  Or if the nose is bent or something and isn't fitting correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nose or no nose?

Hmm, I need to check that one out.  I could not remember that one about the different covers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Pulled it apart put it back together made sure it was seated fully and it closed.  No explanation as to why I had difficulty, but it was a pain in the proverbial ass.
View Quote
good to hear, sexy rifle BTW

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1!  Glad its back together.
Very sexy rifle indeed, I want one!
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]
You will be much happier with that rifle if you remove that bi pod. It is useless on a semi auto rifle and adds unnecessary weight. You would be far better served to carry an additional loaded magazine rather than that bi pod.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#11]

your hate for the bi-pod is strong, and is always brought to the front when a pic is posted.

OP, I for one really like the bi-pod, how it feels when you hold the rifle, and on my last FAL, it shot better with the bi-pod attached then with it off. Barrel harmonics were just "right" on that one rifle. However, He does have a appoint. I'd take it off (careful, small parts) and see if it doesn't shoot better, then make a decision.

At the end of the day, it's your rifle, and you definitely do not have to do what someone else on the internet says.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Have same problem.
1,, dust cover,,not fully forward and or not seated in rail properly.
2,,bolt carrier rat tail ,,due to bolt carrier not fully toward

Glad you are GTG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top