Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2015 4:26:30 PM EDT
Picked up an STG58 the other day.  Upside is that it is in great condition and a steal at $500 with 6 mags.

Down side is that it is a kit gun.

"Gear" logo Imbel receiver,  and Brit. barrel and flash hider. Barrel is like new and so are the STG handgaurds and bi-pod   -  so good and bad.

With that being said; is it possible to attach the original STG flash hider to a Brit barrel?  I am thinking no as the barrel would be inch and the STG flash hider metric.

I did want to as before I abandoned all hope though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Thread pitch is different and right hand vs left hand.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was afraid of.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thread pitch is different and right hand vs left hand.
View Quote
Pitch is the same. 9/16 X 24 TPI   Inch pattern is right hand thread. Metric pattern is left hand thread.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Lucky you!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lucky you!
View Quote

Might be better to pull off the barrel and swap with someone.  Or get some proper parts and make a L1A1 clone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top