Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2015 12:13:00 AM EDT
What's the going price for a L1A1 parts kit with L1A1 barrel?

ETA: inch pattern magazine not included
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]

NOOne?!! I see them on GB for $600-$700... Is that astronomical or average?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the barrel.

Some original barrels are $600+ on their own.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on the barrel.

View Quote

Only to a small group of fanatics.

They're usually disappointed when they attempt to make a profit or simply break even by selling one.

The pool of potential buyers for that particular barrel at that price is quite small and they usually already have a couple.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
A kit I would say was going for $600 a while ago.  I think the market has softened though.  If you are putting it up for sale take a lot of pics and start high, you can always lower it.  

BTW  the barrels I'm thinking of with a premium are the PH marked parker hale barrels or the Australian barrels.  The standard Enfield or BSA's are worth $150-200ish.   If the threads are cut off the front of any of them you're down to a $100 give or take.

Good wood stocks in your kits are a plus.

Are your group buy kits selling at that price or are you looking at asking?  You may want to look at the closed auctions.  Those are real prices.

A further reflection on kit prices is that the kit highs of a couple years ago were linked to having some nice l1a1 cut receivers available after a long dry spell.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BTW  the barrels I'm thinking of with a premium are the PH marked parker hale barrels or the Australian barrels.
View Quote

It's the Lithgow "Black Mountain" barrel.

It's a great barrel but not $600 great.

I'd rather have a couple lightly used late military production Lithgow barrels with chrome bores.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are your group buy kits selling at that price or are you looking at asking?
View Quote

Where's the group buy?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where's the group buy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are your group buy kits selling at that price or are you looking at asking?

Where's the group buy?

Oh my mispeak,  I typed group buy but didn't mean that, group search on gun broker is what I was thinking; l1a1 kits for sale asking ads versus l1a1 kits closed auctions with real sale price.   I think I had the coonan inch receiver group buy in one of my brain cells when I typed that.

I've heard of those barrels but no way in hell would I pay that kind of price for that barrel or any barrel.  Good stuff but too dear at that price for my blood.  I'm with you on give me a decent standard issue barrel.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They're usually disappointed when they attempt to make a profit or simply break even by selling one.

The pool of potential buyers for that particular barrel at that price is quite small and they usually already have a couple.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the barrel.

I bought a great L1A1 from the EE, and it came with one of the Black Mountains.

I see why people pay $600 for them.  Thing shoots great.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn , I may have to do something with mine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top