Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2015 4:51:21 PM EDT
So I'd like to convert my 18" Imbel FAL to the paratrooper model.

If I can't find any good surplus para parts, I may consider using the complete
para lower DSA builds.

Any of you use the complete DSA para lower and stock recently?

Thanks,

EMSflyer
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I used the stripped model. Was thinking of building another and using the complete one this time around. I had no issues with the one I used before.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,

I'm leaning towards the complete lower with internals so I can swap back and fourth between my fixed stock lower
and para lower.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I'm goi g with on my next build. It was a good learning experience swapping out all the internals, but don't really want to do that again. Not a huge fan of their lower, but it's easily available....
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what I'm goi g with on my next build. It was a good learning experience swapping out all the internals, but don't really want to do that again. Not a huge fan of their lower, but it's easily available....
View Quote

Know what you mean about the lower. I did this once before by moving all the internals over to the DSA alloy para lower.

Really wanted to use a surplus steel para lower this time but much easier to buy the DSA complete para lower and stock all ready to bolt on.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My SIL used a  complete DSA para lower on a FAL he had.  

There were no issues and it worked fine.  It was an Imbel receiver.  

This was about three years ago.  He ordered online, and shipping was quick with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks !!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Why yes, as a matter of fact, I just put a complete DSA para lower on my 21" medium contour SA 58.

The quality is quite good, with a couple exceptions. The trigger was horrid. It was gritty, creepy, and my 10 pound fish scale maxed out before the trigger break. I estimate 14 lb. I swapped in the trigger from my old fixed stock lower.

The lower-to-upper fit is fairly loose, I need to figure out how to get it tightened up.

Lead time is pretty long. I believe it took 6 weeks to arrive.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got one today.   It seems to be very well made and I agree about the heavy trigger pull.  I'll be putting it on my rifle this weekend sometime.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top