Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2015 8:57:25 PM EDT
I have a STG58 with a dust cover that does not want to come off (removal is to install the scope mount dust cover).

On my other FAL I can just pull it off with my hand.

On the STG58 it does not want to budge. I have considered using tools but I do not want to mar it.

Any suggestions on how to get it off without messing it up?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Some vice grips with a piece of rubber roofing or a towel ''if you have no rubber'' over the rear end so as not to scratch the surface?  If it will not slide out by hand you are stuck using mechanical force and this would be my first step.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
have you tried gently tapping it with a rubber mallet from the back? counterproductive I know, but it may loosen it up enough for you to pull it out. Otherwise do what bigjunk1 said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top