Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2014 9:21:13 AM EDT
I have a FAL that shoots 8 MOA to the right with the rear sight all the way to the left.

The usual suspect is a mis-timed or perhaps even bent barrel.

It may very well be this.

However, I do recall once removing the lower from the upper once. Is there anyway I could have installed it incorrectly and that is what is causing this issue?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the barrel.

Miss timed if it's always been this way.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
just from separating the two haves and reuniting them?  No.

barrel mistimed, bent, bad crown, flash hider/muzzle device off center and you're getting bullet strikes.  Check for copper streaks inside for impact.

or if a Century build could be a loose barrel that moves in the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]
That far off center I think you may be able to see down the gun and notice a curve or cocked barrel. If the rifle is strait then the muzzle is the logical issue.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Doh! I was hoping I would not have to take it to a smith.

Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You should be able to pull your handguards and look down the center line of the receiver to the barrel and onto the front sight and see if its off center.
It might take some centering on a flat surface to see. I have fixed this before for a friend that bought a gun show good deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top