Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 3:16:59 PM EDT
My friend has a Argentinian FAL- with matching numbers.  It has a 21 inch barrel and a bi pod that is folding and attached.  It's been in his safe unfired for the past 24 years.  He's looking to sell it. What do these go for ? Are the Argentinian FALs worth anything ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone!??
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about a true preban made in Argentina metric FAL? All matching with the para rear sight and closed ear front sight?

These are the cream of the crop. They sell for $1500+. There are other lesser Argentina FAL type that sell for $1k more or less. These could have been complete uppers or bare receivers imported to USA then mated with new or used parts kits.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
May go as high as $2000 on Gun Broker
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
You should buy it and keep it forever...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking about a true preban made in Argentina metric FAL? All matching with the para rear sight and closed ear front sight?These are the cream of the crop. They sell for $1500+. There are other lesser Argentina FAL type that sell for $1k more or less. These could have been complete uppers or bare receivers imported to USA then mated with new or used parts kits.

View Quote

Yes. This.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are you talking about a true preban made in Argentina metric FAL? All matching with the para rear sight and closed ear front sight?These are the cream of the crop. They sell for $1500+. There are other lesser Argentina FAL type that sell for $1k more or less. These could have been complete uppers or bare receivers imported to USA then mated with new or used parts kits.

View Quote

He wants to sell it and buy a 16inch DSA tactical.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
No kidding?

The Argentine FAL is a much better rifle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No kidding?

The Argentine FAL is a much better rifle.
View Quote

+ 10,000
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a dumb move for him, great for you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#10]
If it's matching numbers it's probably not a SAC LATTA;  if this is the case it's worth $1800-$2400 depending on the configuration and importer.

Second question is matching numbers where?  Barrel also?  

Need more info;  it could be, for example, a SAC Latta with force matched internals/ lower.  Or with IMBEL or other parts.

You  know what they say about photos.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My friend has a Argentinian FAL- with matching numbers.  It has a 21 inch barrel and a bi pod that is folding and attached.  It's been in his safe unfired for the past 24 years.  He's looking to sell it. What do these go for ? Are the Argentinian FALs worth anything ?
View Quote

If it's been sitting in his safe for the last 24 years and is indeed numbers matching (upper, lower, bolt, carrier, barrel), chances are that it is an Armscorp or National Arms pre-ban import, which would make it a $2000+ rifle all day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy it, like yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one for like $900 about 8 years ago. I sold it a few months later for $1500 a hour after posting it on FAL Files no haggling on price or anything. I thought I had priced high hoping to get around 1200 for it.

I would have kept it but the the AWB had ended and I live in a free state, and I already had a few FALs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top