Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 12:22:50 AM EDT
I have a IMBEL kit and want to use new furniture/stock, my question: Will ANY metric furniture/stock fit? I've looked at DSA site and got confused with all of the different versions of FAL's. I can't decide if I want to use a ironwood design wood stock/furniture or use plastic. Also is cheek weld the only difference in the various metric stocks? Thanks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a metric pattern FAL kit.

All FALs except British, Aussie and Canadian L1A1s are metric.

Really two ways for you to go here, an all plastic set of US made metric furniture from DSA
or order a three piece set from Ironwood if you really want the look and feel of wood.

The Ironwood stuff is awesome but very spendy.

The US made stuff will be three of the seven US made parts you need for your build to be 922(r) compliant.
The other parts could be: hammer, trigger, sear and gas piston. All should be available from DSA.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
So when looking at furniture will BOTH STG 58 Austrian and SA 58 Belgium fit and work on my kit? Thanks

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes both will work.
Also, some stocks have a straighter comb and some have a lower/dished comb(not sure of the correct words here).
I have to use the socks with the dip as the ones with straight comb beat up my cheek.
Also I get better sight/scope view.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thanks that's what I was unsure of.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#5]
The preferred metric stock with the "dip" is called a "humpback" stock.

Those are much more comfortable than the STG-58 style stock.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
so there are categories in which metric stocks will differ:

1.  compliant or non-compliant
2.  shape (BC / NBC, cheekweld, optic height, etc.)
3.  material
4.  length ( L.O.P.  e.g., Izzy=short, Rhodie=long, usually)
5.  buttplate or buttpad
6.  cost
7.  aesthetics, you like 'em or hate 'em.

depending on how you will use your rifle, your decision will be shaped by all of these factors
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I put izzy HB wood spindle HG on a L1a1?
Should I start with setting 6 on it when I first zero it? I Will be shooting 150 gr mild hand loads.
I still have $160 to pay on the layaway but this thread has me currious
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top