Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 5:30:29 PM EDT
I took apart a newly acquired FAL lower because the trigger wasn't resetting, I'm installing new Falcon trigger return and sear springs while I'm at it but I can't find a video or any good detailed instructions anywhere.

Any help?

Currently the hammer locking block won't go down far enough for the selector to go back in
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
AGI has a video on the FAL , but it is on a L1A1 and it is not very detail on the reassembly of the FCG. You can find it on Youtube
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's funny that all of the information that I've found says how easy it is (and it appears to be so) but I guess there's always someone who can't figure it out
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
"Hammer locking block"?

Are you talking about the hammer and trigger axis pin retaining plate?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AGI has a video on the FAL , but it is on a L1A1 and it is not very detail on the reassembly of the FCG. You can find it on Youtube
View Quote

I've done L1a1's but not metric Fals, they're different in the trigger area.  parts and springs are different
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've done L1a1's but not metric Fals, they're different in the trigger area.  parts and springs are different
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not so different that he can't use the vids I would say.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have the frame locking plate in the right position to insert the selector?  I've seen guys do that (not me, I'd never ever do that - ever.  My hobby seems to be sending the hammer spring housing on long flights around the room, well that and losing AR15 detent springs/pins).

I'd take it all out and start over - It's probably something simple you'll kick yourself for missing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do you have the frame locking plate in the right position to insert the selector?  I've seen guys do that (not me, I'd never ever do that - ever.  My hobby seems to be sending the hammer spring housing on long flights around the room, well that and losing AR15 detent springs/pins).

I'd take it all out and start over - It's probably something simple you'll kick yourself for missing.
View Quote

That was basically it, I took it to a friend at a local shop who fixed it before I could finish saying what was wrong with it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top