Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2014 3:14:27 PM EDT
I'm trying time the DSArms US made combo device to an Argentine barrel but I'm coming up short. Anyone  know of a washer type shim I can buy to correct this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
.308 AR crush washer? with or without a shim pack?

https://delta3tactical.com/store/products/PWS-.308%7B47%7D7.62X51MM-Muzzle-Device-Alignment-Shim-Set.html
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in the same situation last week and found this thread on FALFiles.  I bought the faucet seat grinder/reseater tool from Amazon but haven't used it yet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in the same situation last week and found this thread on FALFiles.  I bought the faucet seat grinder/reseater tool from Amazon but haven't used it yet.
View Quote

Let me know when you decide to use it and how well it works out.
What barrel do you have installed ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I plan to do it this weekend, it's on the barrel that came with the Sarco kits. BTW, the faucet tool was less than $12 last week on Amazon but I see they jumped to $28!!!.  I think HomeDepot had them for ~$14.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I plan to do it this weekend, it's on the barrel that came with the Sarco kits. BTW, the faucet tool was less than $12 last week on Amazon but I see they jumped to $28!!!.  I think HomeDepot had them for ~$14.
View Quote

Argentine? Imbel?  I wonder if the thread timing is the same.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the kits came with unmarked Argy barrels.

I went ahead and tried out the tool this evening.  It worked fine just slow going.  Went from approximately 11:00 to 7:00 hand tight (LH threads).  It should crank down the rest of the way with a wrench and wind up perfect.

The only thing I would mention is to use the 1/2 inch cutting wheel on the surface that seats against the muzzle.  I shaved a bit off the larger “ledge” before I realized my mistake.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I went ahead and tried out the tool this evening.  It worked fine just slow going.  Went from approximately 11:00 to 7:00 hand tight (LH threads).  It should crank down the rest of the way with a wrench and wind up perfect.

The only thing I would mention is to use the 1/2 inch cutting wheel on the surface that seats against the muzzle.  I shaved a bit off the larger “ledge” before I realized my mistake.

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a451/samovz1/e58ababd-3198-43e7-8dbe-e74e7d825400_zpsef9cfb7e.jpg

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a451/samovz1/IMG_1312_zps15d07b5e.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a451/samovz1/e58ababd-3198-43e7-8dbe-e74e7d825400_zpsef9cfb7e.jpg

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a451/samovz1/IMG_1312_zps15d07b5e.jpg

I'm tempted to try the valve stem tool, as after cleaning the internal threads Its
between 7 and 8:00 to timing correctly (with the bayonet notch at 6:00)
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
You may not need to shave anything if you're between 7 - 8 o'clock.  I'm using GunPlumbers guild to build this (my first FAL) and it says hand tight to within 10 - 12 degrees of 6:00 should time it perfectly.  I actually may have taken a little too much off bringing it down to ~7:00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top