Posted: 6/22/2014 10:07:19 AM EDT
Did DSA ever make a stainless SA58 fal? Anything special
About them or are they just a fal??
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
A few seconds on Google produces these:

DSA SS Para Tactical Carbine

FALFiles thread about stainless DSAs

They were more expensive than regular steel.  Apparently many have put a spray-on coating on top of the stainless for maximum corrosion resistance.  Seems like a marginal improvement for a lot more money, though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup. There was one that seemed to be a perpetual fixture at the local gunshows until the last panic. I have not seen it there since so maybe it sold finally.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
They made them back in the day, I recall seeing one at a gun show many years ago. I haven't seen one in the wild. In fact, you don't see many FAL's around anymore. That's a shame.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Love mine, great woods gun.  Will try to get a picture of it up!!

Doc
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They made them back in the day, I recall seeing one at a gun show many years ago. I haven't seen one in the wild. In fact, you don't see many FAL's around anymore. That's a shame.
View Quote

Not really a shame, it means they have homes....

2 grand at gun broker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450978525
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered my Para Congo with a stainless lower back in 2007, but the whole rifle is duracoated black.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I also had one about 2007, ordered direct from DSA.  16" carbine.  It seemed heavier than other para carbines I have handled.  Took DSA forever to fill the order.  It was cool but I sold it to get an AR10.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]
If they left that stainless receiver in the white it is no wonder that many coated it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top