Link Posted: 10/16/2013 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
and um...where can I some?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
"Use the force.................."
Google what you would think the website would be and I bet ya find it!

Forum rules don't allow advertising links sorry.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

" but with the blast shield down I cant see anything...."

Roger good copy
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Mag ordered, damn will have to tak the FAL out and test it...really hate when that happens
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm holding out for some in OD.

Mentioned just in case the manufacturer was trying to gauge interest in such....
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I am hoping to have some OD green mags in the next run, hopefully by Christmas!
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy s**t that was hard.

12 characters and an "enter".
I'm plum tuckered out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Ordered mine on Nov 1st and still waiting! IM Inbox is full, can't get through with email.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Are there any issues with these fitting in any FALs?

My dad has a small collection of FALs and assorted surplus mags, some of the FALs have pretty tight receivers to where less than half the mags he has will fit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Are there any issues with these fitting in any FALs?

My dad has a small collection of FALs and assorted surplus mags, some of the FALs have pretty tight receivers to where less than half the mags he has will fit.
View Quote

They're pretty tight in all the FALs I tried them in. I couldn't even get the mag to lock in a couple of them. It's easy enough to file the mag down and get it to fit though.

I mainly bought them for my RFB, and after filing off the ribs that get in the way, the mags fit in perfectly.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 5:57:17 AM EDT
[#13]
If the FAL receiver is in spec the Moses mag will fit snuggly at worst, it will fit perfect at best :)

The body of the mag itself should fit fine if the mag catch in the FAL is on the taller side it may be a tight lock in or it may not lock in, but all you would need to do is either file down the locking tab on the back of the magazine just a very small amount, I'm talking like 3 to 5 passes lightly with a file, checking fit often because it doesn't take much at all, or you could file the mag catch in the gun, again go slow as it won't take much at all.

Out of the 14 FAL's I tested the magazine for fit in while designing the Moses mag it only failed to lock in one of those, and needed just a couple really light passes with a file on the mags, mag catch tab to lock in perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If the FAL receiver is in spec the Moses mag will fit snuggly at worst, it will fit perfect at best :)

The body of the mag itself should fit fine if the mag catch in the FAL is on the taller side it may be a tight lock in <snip>
View Quote

I should have mentioned this. It seems to fit fine in all the receivers, the mag catch appears to be what's holding it up.

It's a good fit in the mag well without any side-to-side wobbling, which is nice.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got my Moses Mag, Damn this thing is Nice!!! Fits very tight, almost like it was built for my gun!
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered four on November 10 and received an "order is complete" email on Dec 4.  Will I receive a shipment confirmation once they go out or was the Dec 4 email the notice that they shipped?

These questions do not belong here. Please, feel free to ask them privately keeping this thread TECHNICAL

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Has anybody tried these in guns cut for inch magazines?

Ordered four on November 10 and received an "order is complete" email on Dec 4. Will I receive a shipment confirmation once they go out or was the Dec 4 email the notice that they shipped?

These questions do not belong here. Please, feel free to ask them privately keeping this thread TECHNICAL
View Quote

Good job Mark.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#19]
editt

Stormhawk, the Moses mag works great in Inch (L1A1) rifles as well as Metric rifles, I have had quite a few people with L1A1's that were having a lot of bolt over base malfunctions with the original L1A1 magazines and they said since they started using the Moses mag they have had zero malfunctions!
This is because I spent many days on getting the moses mag locking tab in the perfect location.

If for some reason they don't fit in your rifle we would gladly offer you a full refund, but I am confident that won't be necessary as all that would be required to fix it would be to just barely file the mag catch lug on the back of the mag if it was too tight.
We have yet to have anyone say the mags fit too loose so you shouldn't have any problems there.

If you go to the Falfiles you can read the testimonials from the customers that use them in their L1A1's, and have nothing but praise for the Moses mag.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I got one this weekend and it sure looks nice!  Weighs 1/2 as much as a steel mag.  Moses is expecting to start shipment in the next two weeks or so with priority going to those in Colorado.

Mine has over 200 jam free rounds through it....

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/jeremy2171/rgc/IMAG0004_zps374da394.jpg

View Quote

wtf is bo jangles? a drive through?

I feel like an idiot. I should have made a drive through magazines/ammunition store.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just got my Moses Mag, Damn this thing is Nice!!! Fits very tight, almost like it was built for my gun!
<a href="http://s237.photobucket.com/user/cpd1515/media/DSCN4524.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/cpd1515/DSCN4524.jpg</a>
View Quote

That is a sexy rifle!
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#22]
got my moses mag, have not been able to try it. I am hoping to get out tomorrow, there is a rumor of snow and that is enough to cause pile ups. We are over run with libtards and immigrants for the far east. So traffic gets fucked up quick.

I will say that she fits fine, no wiggle room and the spring feels strong. I can see ordering more in the future….or 308 AR10 style that fit DPMS rifles….if they were available….just saying.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#23]
I see mention of RFB, has anyone tried them in a RRA LAR8?
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I can confirm that these work in both inch and metric receivers, I have both.  You will be very pleased with the quality and performance of these mags.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally fired mine in my RFB. Worked perfectly.

I'll have to file the back to get them to lock in my FALs, but I don't want to do that with the ones that I fitted for the RFB. I'm sure they work just fine in FALs too.

Now I'm hoping we'll see some 25rd versions

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome on the RFB!

Why would you need to file the back to get them to fit in your FAL?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Awesome on the RFB!

Why would you need to file the back to get them to fit in your FAL?
View Quote

They fit in the mag well on all of my FALs (nice tight fit), but stop just short of locking.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#29]
bbies1973, they have to have some of the upper ribs filed/sanded down to get them to fit the deeper magwell of the LAR-8, (this is just a clearance issue no tight tolerance dimension to meet.) they have worked great in my Lar-8 and every one of the customers who have bought them for LAR-8's!

Moses mags is working on a SCAR17/LAR-8 polymer mag right now that won't require any fitting and will work in both rifles!

Not sure on the completion date on those but we are shooting for the next 2 to 3 months!

Some mag catch levers on FAL's are longer than others and out of all the Moses mags sold so far there have only been 4 people who had to file just a tiny bit off the bottom of the mag catch tab on the Moses mag to get it to lock in, we are talking just a couple to a few thousandths which is the thickness of a piece of notebook paper so go really slow and only make a couple strokes with the file then check for fit often until you get the fit you like. You could also file the mag catch itself that is in the rifle, again take it slow and take just a little off at a time. try to keep the angle of the mag catch the same if it's the tab on the mag or the mag catch on the rifle.

I used 14 different FAL's when deciding on the mag catch location on the moses mag and out of the 14 rifles (3 L1A1's) there was only one of the 14 FALs that needed the mag catch tab just very lightly filed to get the mag to lock in, just to see I put a different mag catch in the FAL it wouldn't lock in and it locked in fine, so it's just the tolerance stacking of FAL receiver and the particular longer than normal mag catch lever that created the issue.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
bbies1973, they have to have some of the upper ribs filed/sanded down to get them to fit the deeper magwell of the LAR-8, (this is just a clearance issue no tight tolerance dimension to meet.) they have worked great in my Lar-8 and every one of the customers who have bought them for LAR-8's!

Moses mags is working on a SCAR17/LAR-8 polymer mag right now that won't require any fitting and will work in both rifles!

Not sure on the completion date on those but we are shooting for the next 2 to 3 months!
View Quote

Awesome; you did such great work cutting my FAL Barrel, and your work is top notch! I hope your mags for SCAR 17's come out soon
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I received two Moses Mags yesterday. The fit is perfect. No wobble and lock up is perfect. I'll report back after the functional test.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm in! And from SC too? Very nice indeed
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I only have about 100 mags left in the first batch!
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Received four more today.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Very Nice! Keep the pics coming!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Any idea when you will be selling any 10Rd. mags  ..  ken
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Any possibility of 30 round curved mags?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#39]
10 rd mags are a possibility, but they would happen later down the rd.

If we ever do 30 rd mags not sure if they would be curved or straight, it seems the 30 rd mags are the least popular from there availability standpoint as they seem more readily available to buy than the 20 rd mags or 25 rd mags DSA sells.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I want curved 30 rounders but theyre damn near impossible to find
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Also we are already working on molds for a mag that will work in the SCAR 17, RFB and the LAR-8 with no mods needed.

Hope to have them out in the late fall.
View Quote

Has this RFB/LAR-8 mag out,  yet?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 1:37:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm holding out for some in OD.

Mentioned just in case the manufacturer was trying to gauge interest in such....
View Quote

I am very interested in OD....otherwise....how do these mags hold onto spray paint?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 2:02:05 AM EDT
[#43]
advertising Moses.
Sorry what did I write that was not allowable?
That way I will know in the future.
I didn't give any links or anything like that I thought.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Raf, thank you for the info I will certainly abide by the rules in your house.

I am still a very small (one man) business and at this time I am not doing nearly enough volume to afford dealer fees, rest assured once I am doing that kind of volume I will gladly upgrade to dealer status!

Thanks for giving "me" the little guy the chance to get this going in the beginning without charging me the dealer fee in the hopes of being one of the BIG BOYS in the future!

Send me your address if you have an FAL and I'll get a Moses mag out to you on me for you to check out for yourself!

Thanks Johnny
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I do have a FAL, but it is my policy to never accept gifts from members of this site.  Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm sure you understand why I must regretfully decline it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raf, thank you for the info I will certainly abide by the rules in your house.

I am still a very small (one man) business and at this time I am not doing nearly enough volume to afford dealer fees, rest assured once I am doing that kind of volume I will gladly upgrade to dealer status!

Thanks for giving "me" the little guy the chance to get this going in the beginning without charging me the dealer fee in the hopes of being one of the BIG BOYS in the future!

Send me your address if you have an FAL and I'll get a Moses mag out to you on me for you to check out for yourself!

Thanks Johnny

I do have a FAL, but it is my policy to never accept gifts from members of this site.  Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm sure you understand why I must regretfully decline it.

Hey Johnny, I'll take that mag that RAF doesn't want!!!!!

AKASL
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#49]
RAF, I do understand, just want you to know it's not some kind of influencing gesture.

AKASL, send me your info!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
RAF, I do understand, just want you to know it's not some kind of influencing gesture.

AKASL, send me your info!
View Quote

Emailed Info!!!

Thank You

AKASL
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top